The Potential

*current time not diary entry.*

Its been 4 months since I brought the 3 youngsters into my home. They all have a personality of their own and they sure like to show off!

Curiosity hit 3 years old 1 month ago and It is almost time to start working on saddling work.

But before that...

The bridle comes.

Today is the day.

I brush off my Blue horsie top and walk towards the pasture that she is in. I spy her.

She is playing with the other youngster through the fence. As in youngster I mean Tazer.

She whinnies as she spots me and comes gallloping as fast as her little hooves can carry her.

She is 3 now...but..she feels soo much younger.

I unclip the throat latch on the halter and slide it over her head. The halter slides on nicely and fits perfectly. Curiosity stands still as if she is an old timer doing this the 1 milllion th. time.

She sure is funny!

My instructor....wait...no.

My.....my....my.........guardian?

No. She is my mom that I lost?

No just forget it.

Anyways...she is here. She stands around as she watches me get curiosity. She had a lesson to give in an hour but until then she would be watching us.

Ill also be in charge of some horses today, and also 2 lessons today.

I normally don't do lessons but lately...I have been really drawn to it. Im currently instructing a 10 year old girl. Her name is Hannah. She is sure a cutie! She also has perfect form while going over her courses. Well jumps.

I tie curisoity up to the tie post that we have instead of cross ties and I began to groom her as normal.

A few minutes later she was sparkly clean and now it was time to grab the bridle and head to the small round pen.

It's time for curiosity to show us what she has got.

I decided to swing the bridle onto the fence and work on her respecr first.

I grab my lunge whip and ask her for a walk.

She walks nicely.

Her back feet gently come up and under her as she stretches her head down trying to snap at thr grass beneath her.

Trot. She trots on.

Canter. She canters on in joy.

Whoa. I stop. She follows and stops. I have jer come to me and we take it a step forward I throw the leadrope over her neck and beging to work the bridle on. Within minues its on and she is soo calm. I take it off and leave it at that. Without doing much of anything else I take her back to her pasture and let her loose as a reward for the good day.