Terrifying Dance-Day one:Ocean

My feet are stumped as I gaze at the dressage arena. The black letters against the white fence and blocks are unlike what we have back at home. Where we ride is ground poles on ground and we had little orange cones and we had to memorized where each letter was.

I have to say my trainer was crazy to make us learn as much as possibly by the trickest way! She sure did good though!

The sun glares at my eyes as I walk towards the warm up ring beside it. 5 others were riding at the time. I could spy; chesnuts, bays, greys, and blacks thoroughout the arena and others around.

A few minutes later I reach a mounting block. Its white in color and has 3 steps. Just wonderful. Heart would be hard to get on from that, but Ocean here is simple!

I put my foot slightly in the stirrup as Ocean turns his neck just slightly to look at me. I quickly swing my leg over and move my foot around to find my other stirrup. Perfect!

Grabbing a tad bit of contact I allow him to stretch as he lifts his back up and builds his own topline. Its funny seeing him stretch and do a free walk! He enjoys it so much!

How do I know? Well when he snorts is one. When his ears flop around like a floppy bunnys ears thats how I know.

What fun it is to ride him! I pick up my contact and he lifts his back up even more as I gain contact. With a feel for his mouth and his back is lfit, he carries himself on the bit.

I put weight in my seat meaning whoa, and he stops quickly and round. I look down below, is it a good halt? I see all his legs square. Yay! I give him a good pat and scratch as he stands quietly. Squeezing my legs I send him forward. He walks on.

His walk is powerful today. He has no slow today he is all go.

I squeeze him up some more and begin to put on my trot seat. He quickly responds and picks up a well rounded trot. Beautiful! I slide my hand down his neck where I could reach and give him a good pat.

I get a controlled siting trot, and I begin to jiggle the inside rein and half halt the outside then slowly giving the reins. Ocean slides his nose into the bridle further as he reaches down. He is relaxed.

After 3 good stretch circles I pick him back up by sliding my fingers and geting him more rounder. He responds well.

I begin to slide my outside leg back and ask him for a canter. I recieve it. I go for some flying changes 2 tempis and I receive them beautifully!

I slow him to a walk and begin to walk him on a long rein before we have a test to do.

Ocean feels hot headed underneath me but I stay calm which keeps him from blowing up. My trainer signals me to come to her so I stand by the black and white wooden fence listening to her instructions;

"When you enter. The judges will keep there eye on you. You must give them a strong start! Make the down centerline as straight as possibly and the halt straight and square!"

"Sit back. Chin up. Back flat. Relax. But stay focused."

"If he gets strong send him forward but not to much!"

"Have fun. And Good Luck!"

She gives me a nod with the tip of her little blue cap as she walks towards the viewing area.

"Next up is Sophie riding Ocean. Number 356." the announcer yells loudly into the speakers.

Im next.

"Lets go win the dressage,Ocean" I whisper in his ear and walk on towards the arena. I enter A at a trot and begin to prepare for the halt. I cant check but it feels square and good. I trot on. Turning left at the next letter I make a 10 meter circle at one letter than the same for the other.

*2 minutes later*

We are cantering now and having a blast. Ocean is going perfect! until the strange happens. I went to ask for him to halt down centerline. It would be our last of the test. He freezes. I salute. But just after...he freaks out. He rears up in the air. I stay on and he comes back down. He had so much power at that moment that it scared me. But I stood as calm as I could not wanting to set him off any more than he already was.

Soo I went into my description. After next chapter I will be editing chapter 1 through 10 and then I will repeat it every 10 chapters. I hope you enoyed!