Show Jumping Ocean

I lead Ocean out of his stall and apparently my trainer had tacked him up. I checked him over making sure his tack was good and I gently put on his bridle.

I rush to the warm up arena and hop astride him. He feels powerful underneath me, but calm.

"Next rider please enter the arena. You have 2 minutes!!"

I hurry to the jumping arena, outside. Seeing all of the jumps laid out I remember the course and begin to walk in. Ok lets do this Ocean, I think to myself.

My fingers are crossed, and my mind hoping what happened last time won't happen again.

I canter on after giving a signal to start. He canters on nicely. Later than sooner the first jump appears. He jumps it nicely. 2nd nicely. 2rd nicely...

Next is the highest in the arena, Ocean has had trouble jumping that high but maybe the luck is on our side today?

I push him on towards the big 4 pole jump. He hesitates then jumps...but not like he normally does. It happens so fast..

And before I knew it he was on the ground and I had fallen.

My feet felt numb and so did my arms...what had just happened.

"You took a stumble. Are you ok?" A lady says as she looks at me. I stand up feeling fine and coach Ocean up. I examine him and he has no injuries that I can see..

This did not go so well... I left the arena leading him out limping a bit from being sore from the fall.

Im happy that nothing bad happened besides the not completing and getting DQ. We could have been seriously hurt.

I quickly untack Ocean and put him back in his stall after grooming him. I feel the need to go lay down so my trainer takes me to the trailer. She says she has to keep an eye on me for any brain issues? What ever that meant?

2 chapters in 1 day. Im on a roll! Last chapter today.

Have a awesome week everyone and im glad to be back on a writing schedule!!!