Dance for the Heart

Today has almost gone to plan. Ocean really scared me when he took a rear while I was riding him. I am just happy that he did good in his test and finished.

Ever since I got off i've been a train wreck. I can't seem to stop crying and with 1 hour and a half left before Heart goes on, I'm really doubting myself.

I glance around as I rush into the lady's restroom, only to find it empty. Thankfully. I pick one of the stalls and just cry!! Tears stream down my face, suddenly I hear footsteps. I see a boot that looks like my bff's. But wait...she is in canada on a trip. She couldn't possibly be showing, right?

"Hey you ok in there Sophie? It's me, Zoe. Your bff. Im sorry to have not kept in touch with you lately...ive been busy. Your trainer sent me your way. I flew here as soon as I heard you were competing in your first show!"

I wipe the tears from my face as I know she will support me. I can't believe she is here.

Somehow I find the courage to stand up and walk to the door. My mind tells me not to open the door, but my heart is saying another thing. I grasp my fingers onto the door handle as a push it open. When I do I see a girl Ive known since I was 4 and she was 7. She has been my bff.

I can't help but lighten up in smiles! She smiles back at me, and my arms hug her tight.

"Its been a while! Im glad your back!" I reply.

"Now would I miss my best friends first show?" She replies giggling.

"Im 7 now! My birthday was a few weeks ago! The whole family went on a trail ride, my older brother forced everyone to take lessons. Isnt that great?" I spark up conversation.

"Wow thats awesome. I wish my parents and sisters were that awesome. Hey have you already ridden that horse of yours?" she asks.

"Actually not yet. Im up soon though. I rode my brothers 30 minutes before you walked in here...it went well..until at the final salute when I was giving him the reins...he reared up. He came back down though and mo one was injuried!"

"Oh my! Im glad your ok! And if your up soon. We should go get you ready."

She wipes the last existing tear from my face and puts her arm over my shoulder. We head off towards Heart's stall. He whinnys at the sight of me.

"What a beauty!!!" She says.

Our quietness and our time gets interrupted by my trainer... "Sophie!! What are you doing! You know we need to get going."

She normally isnt this stressed but she hates to be late. I push away from my bff so I could get ready. I grab his brushes and tack and quickly get him ready.

Uh oh.

I look at my watch and I only have 10 minutes before my time!!!!

I gently set his saddle on and quickly get his tack on him.

2 minutes later and he is all tacked up and ready to go. I hop on him and Zoe wishing me good luck. She heads over to the viewing area and so does my trainer. I warm him up and he feels really good from the start.

"Can Sophie and True at Heart please enter the arena." the announcer shouts.

I walk over to the show arena the same as before. I tell my mind and heart to forget about earlier and I just out full on trust on Heart.

We enter the arena.

*6 minutes later*

Our test went amazing! Heart gave me the best walk trot and canter than ever before
His counter canter was on point. And so was everything else!
Im so proud of him.

Id have to wait 30 minutes to hear the day one results. Soo ill wait.

10 horses would be scratched out of 20.Its the way this show worked.

Would I get lucky?

Please comment advice and suggestions. Now is the editing time. Soo ill be start at chapter 1 and working my way through and editing all the way to here. And then I will update again!

Update! All 10 chpaters edited!