Chapter 1

OCTOBER 29TH, 2016 

Today is the freaking day, I couldn't wait to sign the National Anthem and my new song Renegade Runway at the World series tonight. 

I was just really excited to meet the guys. I got up around 9 and changed into workout gear and went down to the gym in my house that I had bought here and did my workout routine. 

Once I was done, I went upstairs and had some yogurt with granola and fruit and then went to shower and get ready to head over to Wrigley. 

I got out and dried myself off and went into my closet and picked out a blue long sleeve shirt with jeans, boots, and my Rizzo jersey. I went into the bathroom and dried my hair and straightened it and did some makeup, but not too overdone. 

I grabbed my beanie which happened to be a cubs one, gotta support the guys. I went downstairs and waited for my agent, Ashley to come and pick me up and she was at my house around 2. 

I locked up and went downstairs to meet her in her nice Mercedes Benz and I got in and turned on the seat warmer. "It's like 60 out, why are you putting that on?" She asked and I shivered. "I'm always cold you know this." I said and she laughed and she took off towards Wrigley. 

I lived about 10 minutes outside the city so it wasn't that long of a drive till we were there. We went in the players entrance because they didn't want me getting mobbed. We got a tour of the clubhouse and got a glimpse of the locker room where the guys were. 

I spotted Baez, Bryant, Lester and Ross, but not Rizzo. I was lead out to the field where I was going to do soundcheck for my song and the National Anthem. 

They were setting everything up for batting practice, someone handed me a microphone and started to do soundcheck and I did the National Anthem first and some of the guys had made their way out of the clubhouse to see me I guess or to start warming up for BP. 

I finally caught a glimpse of Rizzo and he was staring straight at me and I sent him a smile and returned it and I was blushing. "You're blushing. Now sing your song." Ashley said and I nodded and they started the music for my song and I sang it perfectly. 

All the guys clapped for me and I finally got to meet them and took pictures with them. I finally got to Rizzo and I couldn't speak. 

I finally mustered enough courage to ask him for a picture. He said yes and put his arm around my waist and we took the cutest picture I could think of. It was perfect. I gave him my ball to sign and he did but not without writing something extra on it. 

He wrote his number on it and told me to text him after the game. Like holy shit, I'm freaking out right now. We went back into the clubhouse and waited for my time to shine. 

I wasn't a long time but then it was my time. "Wrigley, give it up for country music's shining star, born and raised here in Chicago, Paisley Underwood! She will be singing her new single, Renegade Runway and then the national so get on your feet!" The announcer said and everyone cheered for me and I started singing and sang it perfectly. 

I got a standing ovation from the crowd and both teams. They came out of the dugout and removed their caps and then I sang the National Anthem. 

I also threw out the first pitch to Schwarber and it wasn't so perfect but it was a awesome experience. I waved to the crowd before disappearing in to the clubhouse and going to the suites where I would be watching the game. 

We ended up winning 7-0 and the series is tied up 2-2 and they head back to Cleveland hoping to wrap up the series there with a win or possibly take this thing back here to win it all at home. 

I got back to my house and got into the shower. I didn't have another show till November 6th and that was in Canada and I couldn't wait to spend time at home. I got out the ball and put in Anthony's number and texted him. 

To: Rizzo

Hey it's Paisley (: 

From Rizzo:

Well hello there beautiful, how are you?

I smiled and responded. 

To Rizzo: 

I'm just fine how about you Mr. Star of the game?

We just texted back and forth getting to know each other and promised to hang out once the WS was over and in between all my touring, even though he told me he would come see me wherever I was. 

I opened up instagram and uploaded the picture of me and Anthony. 

"PaisleyUnderwood: Got to sing the National Anthem at Wrigley tonight and it was such a surreal feeling and I got to meet this gem right here, he's my fave player so I was a little starstruck while meeting him."

I kept on talking to Anthony until the wee hours of the morning and at around 2 we both called it quits and finally went to bed. 

I feel like me and Anthony could be great friends, or maybe even more one day. I hope.