Chapter 29

"Paisley, cmon baby you can do this." Anthony said to me as it was time for our little boy to make his appearance in this world. I sighed as another contraction hit and I started to push. "Okay one more, this little boy is eager to get out." My doctor said and in light of everything, I started to laugh.

Another contraction hit and the push happened and his cries filled the room and they put him on my chest. "Oh Lincoln Matthew, welcome to the world." I said as I cried. The emotions of having a baby don't go away with your first one.

"He's so precious and he looks just like Jacob." Anthony said and I smiled. He was bigger than Jacob at 9 lbs 5 oz. and he was 23 inches long. "I can't wait for Jacob to meet him." I said as they were cleaning him up and cleaning me up as well. Jacob was with my parents.

Jess and Kris had their baby boy on August 27th and named him Marshall Ryan. "Mommy!" Jacob said as he walked into the room. "Hey sweetie! You ready to meet your little brother?" Ia asked as he climbed up onto the bed where I was holding Lincoln.

"Mommy he's looking at me!" He said and I looked down and sure enough he was. "He already loves you Jacob. You're going to be a good big brother right?" I asked him and he nodded. "I'm gonna let him play with all my toys when he gets older. You're still going to love me right?" He asked and that broke my heart.

"Of course I am baby. We just have to pay a little more attention to Lincoln because he's a baby and he can't do things on his own like you can, okay? Just because he's here doesn't mean me and daddy love you any less." I said as I kissed his forehead.

My parents and Jacob visited a little while longer before they left and it was just me, Anthony and Lincoln again. "I can't believe that Jacob asked me that." I said as I was feeding. "I was talking to your parents, what did he say?" He asked sitting on the end of the bed.

"He asked me if we were still going to love him." I said. "He is wise beyond his young years. But I can't believe that he asked that." He said. "It's going to be hard the first couple months, but when Lincoln gets older, I think Jacob will understand more that we're going to be able to spend more time with him."

"I don't want him to think that we hate him." He said. "I know, I don't want that either. But babe, was having another kid a good choice right now?" I asked. "Are you regretting it?" He asked. "No, just Jacob got me thinking and it hurts to know that he thinks we aren't going to love him." I said and Anthony sighed and came over and took Lincoln from me and gave me a kiss.

"We're both going to get through this, we'll start adjusting when we get home." He said and I sighed. I wished he was right, but I have a feeling life with two kids 2 and under was going to be rough for the both of us, but I know that I can count on Anthony for anything.

"I love you so much Anthony. I honestly don't know how I'm going to get through this without you." I said knowing they were in the post season and he would be traveling. "Well my parents will be there with you and so will yours so you have plenty of help with both kids and then when we win, or if we get knocked out, I'll be home for good. Until Spring Training." He said.

"Yeah but you know that Jacob likes you a whole lot more than me." I said. "Babe stop having doubts, he loves you just as much as he loves me." Anthony was right, I was having new mom doubts yet again, but with Anthony around I know we can get through anything and everything together.

"Well Lincoln Matthew Rizzo, let's get to loving life with you." I said as I leaned down and kissed him and then kissed Anthony. I can't wait to live out this journey of being a mom and getting my career back on track and learning to travel again.

"Paisleyrizzo: Anthony, myself and big brother Jacob already love you so much Lincoln Matthew. Can't wait to experience life with you 💙

"Arizz_44: I'm a dad of 2 boys now, it's so surreal

"Arizz_44: I'm a dad of 2 boys now, it's so surreal. Can't wait to get both kids into baseball Paisley, you're an amazing mother and can't wait to watch you and Lincoln grow together in this journey. You're the best and I love you. ❤️💙