Chapter 13

DECEMBER 25TH, 2016 

It's finally Christmas! This is absolutely one of my favorite holiday's ever and I couldn't wait to celebrate it with my family. The only thing that would make it better is if Anthony was here with me. 

I was hosting Christmas this year at my house and all my family had stayed over last night so we could all be together this morning and so mom could help me set up everything with food and desserts. 

I don't know what time it was but Victoria barged into my room and woke me up for presents. I groaned but got out of bed and went down to the living where my mom, dad and Maxwell were already waiting for me. 

"Alright, since sleeping beauty is up, we can finally start presents!" My mom said and I just shook my head at her. My parents opened their presents first. I got my dad a sighed Joe Maddon jersey, the jersey had my dad's name on it which was cool, thanks to Anthony for helping me get that. I also got him a new watch and some power tools mom said that he wanted. 

I got my mom a new purse, a nice new watch and some clothes and some candles, she loves lighting them around the house no matter the time of year. They both gave me hugs and my dad was almost in tears when he opened the jersey. 

I got my brother a signed Kris Bryant jersey and a Lester jersey, a new baseball bat and a glove that I know will get good use because he's a really good baseball player and I can't wait to see if he'll get signed, hopefully, by the Cubs. 

I got my sister a new purse and a lot, I mean a lot of clothes. She literally couldn't stop thanking me. Then it was my turn to opened presents. I really didn't want anything, just to be around my family for the holidays was enough of a present I could ever ask for.

I got a new necklace from my parents, my sister got me clothes and a new Rizzo cutout that I could keep in my room when we're not with each other, I thought that was really funny and my brother got me clothes, with the help of my sister to pick them out. 

"Now we have one more present for you." My mom said going over to the tree and getting a little box and an envelope. "Read it out loud." My dad said and I opened the envelope first and then the box and it was a beautiful diamond necklace. 

My dear Paisley:

Merry Christmas my love! I hope you are enjoying your time with family and I know you're stressed with hosting Christmas, but you'll do just fine, I know it. These past almost three months have been a whirlwind with you and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for the both of us. I can't wait to experience our first New Year's together and then our first full season as a couple together. I also couldn't imagine spending Christmas apart from you and our families, they're going to become great friends I just know. Now if you would turn around and thank me for that wonderful necklace, it'd be greatly appreciated. 

Love, Anthony

I turned around and saw Anthony coming down the stairs and I got up and ran over to him and literally jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his waist. "What are you doing here? I can't believe you're here!" I said kissing him. 

"I couldn't bear being away from you on Christmas, let alone our first one together, so I planned all this out with our families and we're spending it together, both families." He said as he set me down giving me a kiss. 

I went over to my parents and gave them both big hugs and thanked them. I'm still in shock that they pulled this off without me knowing "Wait a minute, where'd you stay? And how'd you get in here this morning?" I asked. 

He laughed. "I stayed in the unoccupied guest room, I came in last night after you went to bed." He said and I laughed. "You sneaky little shit." I said and he laughed. "I would do anything for you." He said giving me a hug and kissing me. "I love you Ant." I said giving him a smile. 

"I love you too Paisley." He said kissing me one more time. "Hate to break up this love fest, but we have a lot of food to prepare." My mom said and we all laughed and I followed her into the kitchen and starting to prepare the feast. 

There was ham, corn, carrots, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, mac and cheese (for the kids), and since my sister was vegan, a vegan lasagna for her. She's crazy but I praise her for doing it. I could never be a vegan, I love meat too much. 

After everything was mostly in the oven and there was nothing left to be done, I went to my room to shower and get ready. (outfit in media.)

Everyone started showing up around one, we were eating around 3. It was great to have both families together this Christmas and I couldn't be more blessed with my family and Anthony as well. 

We all took pictures and I put one of me and Anthony on Instagram. 

"PaisleyUnderwood: My favorite Christmas present this year is definitely you."

It was finally time to eat and all of us headed to the dining room and there was a lot of us, we both have big families, so the dinner was scattered throughout the house to eat

It was finally time to eat and all of us headed to the dining room and there was a lot of us, we both have big families, so the dinner was scattered throughout the house to eat. I was in the kitchen with Anthony, my siblings and his brother John. 

We let all the adults sit in the dining room and all the kids were in the living room. Dinner was delicious if I do say so myself, boosting my self confidence there. My mom and I cleaned up after everyone and then we all went into the living room to do presents like we do on Christmas. 

Everyone got a lot of gifts and I don't know where I'm going to put all the things that I got. After dessert and coffee and a few games, slowly but surely all the family members started to leave. 

At the end of the night, all that was left in my house was me and Anthony and that's the best thing I could've asked for this Christmas. 

"So how was your Christmas?" Anthony asked me as we were laying in bed watching TV. I smiled and looked at him. "The best one yet, how about yours?" I asked him. He smiled. 

"I could say the same, it was definitely the best one yet!" He said kissing me.