Chapter 4 - Travis

This chapter is short because I'm busy. I wanted to post something for you guys though so here it is. Please comment and tell me how I did. Happy Holidays guys. :)

Chapter 4

(Travis)

Travis had seen Elizabeth running past their house and instantly he knew she was in trouble. Without hesitation he had followed her and he had bee right. A werewolf from school had tracked her down and was tormenting her. Though she may not have looked like it, he could tell Elizabeth was terrified.

He watched from a branch high above the two, listening to their conversation. It seemed harmless enough but Travis couldn’t be sure. Elizabeth was the only girl in his life that he had to be sure he protected. Since the day he had found her Travis had made a promise to protect Elizabeth with his life because he felt no one else would. Now that he was older though he knew his family was there for her just as he was.

“I have a boyfriend.” Elizabeth said quickly and Travis’s eyes widened. He had never known Elizabeth had a boyfriend. He knew she would have told him yet she hadn’t. That’s when Travis realized what was going on.

“And just who is this boyfriend of yours?” the boy sneered and Travis took a deep breath, leaping from his perch on the branch and landing in front of Elizabeth. Travis slowly turned around, narrowing his eyes at the werewolf.

“Me.” Travis hissed, crossing his arms over his chest. The werewolf growled lowly, standing toe to toe with Travis. The vampire was unafraid of him. Even though he could sense Alpha power he was unafraid of a werewolf. He had grown used to Elizabeth, his fear of werewolves vanishing entirely when he had first seen her shift. He no longer felt fear toward them.

“Hello, Alpha.” Travis spat, clenching his fists by his sides. The Alpha narrowed his eyes, his eyes darkening. Travis knew angering a werewolf wasn’t a good idea but angering an Alpha was the dumbest move Travis could ever make. Alphas weren’t very forgiving and Travis knew forgiving a vampire was probably not an option in a werewolf’s mind.

“Back away from my mate unless you want me to break every bone in your body.” The Alpha threatened and Travis couldn’t help the smirk that appeared on his face. A werewolf couldn’t match a vampire’s speed. Werewolves were all muscle while vampires were all speed. Travis could get away with ease.

“Just like you almost did to Ethan.” The Alpha stiffened as vampires leapt from the trees, surrounding him. Travis’s eyes widened, these were Ethan’s friends. Why were they out in the middle of the woods when they should’ve been in school? That’s when Travis saw Taylor’s shirt.

Blood.

She was covered in dried blood. Travis’s brother’s scent was wafting off of her and her eyes were red and puffy. She had been crying and by the looks of it she had been crying a lot. Taylor was Ethan’s soul mate, the only woman he could ever truly love. They had met on accident three months before and had been nearly inseparable ever since. Ethan protected her with his life and ensured her happiness, no matter the cost.

“What’d you do to my brother?” Travis demanded, trying to keep his temper down. He wasn’t going to lash out at the Alpha with Elizabeth right behind him. Until he could manage to get Elizabeth to safety and out of harms way he was just going to have to play it as cool as he possibly could.

“He was denying me of my mate, just like you are doing now.” The Alpha answered his voice terrifyingly calm. Travis didn’t like how calm the Alpha was in the situation he was in. He was acting like he had done nothing wrong.

“She doesn’t need a mate, she has me.” Travis retorted and the Alpha froze. The vampires around him narrowed their eyes as he tried to take a step around Travis to see Elizabeth. But Travis denied him, roughly shoving him backward. The stupid Alpha wasn’t going to dare touch Elizabeth. Travis didn’t care if he was her mate; there was no way she would be with him.