Chapter 9 - Travis

Here is Travis's POV as promised. I honestly liked this chapter. I made sure it wasn't just a filler chapter. I made sure it was thrilling for the reader so I hope you guys like it. This is one of my better chapters so I'm actually quite proud of it. So please: COMMENT. VOTE. and tell me how I did. :)

PS - READ BOTTOM

Chapter 9

(Travis)

Travis felt like he had just been thrown into a pit of lava. His entire body burned and he was unable to open his eyes. Travis could hear the beeping of a heart rate monitor and he could feel the bandages that were wrapped around his body. He was sure some of his bones were broken or at least fractured.

It’s because you were in an accident. Travis scolded himself, trying to open his eyes. Bright colors splashed into his vision as his eyelids began to peel upward and he slightly squinted, trying to dim the amount of light filling in his eyes.

“Don’t strain yourself, Travis.” A feminine voice chided as Travis forced his eyes the rest of the way open. He didn’t dare look for her, knowing if he moved his head he’d be in more pain then had already was. Using only his eyes to look around he managed to catch a glimpse of scarlet hair and bright blue eyes. Travis had never seen such beautiful colored hair, it reminded him of blood.

At the thought of blood his mouth began to water. He hadn’t been eating well before the accident and he was sure he hadn’t had anything to eat since he went unconscious. His throat burned at the thought of feeding again and Travis let out a small groan, trying not to let himself think about it.

“Here, drink.” The girl ordered and a wrist was shoved in front of his face. Travis’s eyes widened and he forced his head to slightly move, making eye contact with the girl. She had no emotion in her beautiful, blue eyes. Instead she looked at him with a blank stare as if he weren’t even there. It was as if she were in some sort of trance.

Lunging forward Travis couldn’t contain his thirst anymore and he grabbed her wrist, biting down and sinking his fangs into her wrist. She gasped and Travis could hear her teeth scrape together as she tried not to make another noise. She was obviously human, her blood tasted almost like any other blood. No, this blood is better than any other blood I’ve ever tasted. Travis thought as he continued to the liquid life out of her.

As Travis continued to drink he was beginning to feel himself get stronger. Slowly he had managed to sit up and pull the girl closer to him, yanking her onto his lap so he could get a better position on her wrist. He could feel the blood trailing down his chin and he released her for a moment, using his finger to catch it before leaning back in to take more blood from her body.

“Have you not had enough?” the girl whispered quietly and Travis heard her voice shake. He glanced up at her, seeing that her face was pale. A cold sweat had broken out on her forehead and she was panting, trying to catch her breath. Travis couldn’t help the smirk that spread across his face when she whimpered, she had obviously seen his eyes. They were glowing red. The demon within wanted to be released.

“Not until I have sucked you dry.” Travis answered, going in to latch onto her once more before something stopped him. He was frozen, his mouth hovering centimeters over her wrist. His eyes were fading back to their original color and he tightened his grasp around her wrist. Slowly he looked up at her, watching as her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she fell backward onto his lap unconscious.

Suddenly Travis felt a burning on his wrist. He winced, looking down to see a small, black tattoo engraved in his skin. His eyes read over it, widening. It was todays date in Roman numerals. Without hesitation Travis grabbed the girl’s wrist, brushing away the left over blood and seeing the exact same tattoo on her own wrist.