Chapter 11 - Elizabeth

Hey guys I know it's been a while but I've been feeling like crap lately. I haven't gotten much writing done and I could barely stay awake to write this chapter. It's a little short but I hope you guys like it anyway. The next chapter will hopefully be out as soon as possible. Sorry for the wait on this one.

Chapter 11

(Elizabeth)

Elizabeth stared blankly up at the ceiling, feeling the tears continue to seep from her eyes. Hunter had long since left the room and he had yet to return. It was nearing midnight and there was still no sign of him coming back any time soon. Elizabeth was worried, what if he didn’t come back? She had heard him in the bathroom, he was obviously mad. Probably mad at me. Elizabeth thought sadly, covering her face with her arms.

She sat there for what seemed like hours, not daring to move. Finally Elizabeth couldn’t take it anymore. She got off the bed, going into the bathroom. She gasped when she saw everything splayed out on the floor and the mirror broken. There were cracks in the wall from where Hunter had punched it and Elizabeth let out a strangled sob. He shouldn’t have gone out in that condition. He could hurt himself. Hunter was too angry for being out there.

Elizabeth began cleaning up, putting everything back where it was supposed to be. She tried to ignore the small drops of blood on the mirror from where Hunter had punched it or his scent still lingering in the room. She bowed her head, she felt like a terrible mate. It was her fault he was so upset.

Pushing back the depressing thoughts Elizabeth pulled off her dress, turning on the shower and stepping in. The warm water ran down her body, soothing Elizabeth’s muscles. The scrapes from the car accident stung but Elizabeth didn’t care. It was better for her to feel pain than to feel numb. She didn’t want to not feel anything, she would rather be sad than anything else.

After washing her hair and her body Elizabeth stepped out of the shower, grabbing the towel and wrapping it around herself. Opening the door Elizabeth’s eyes widened when she saw Hunter lying on the bed, his back facing her. He was only wearing jeans, leaving his upper half exposed. His back was covered in cuts and bruises and Elizabeth was sure there were more on his chest.

Tears welled in Elizabeth’s eyes and she looked down, biting her lip. He didn’t even look back at her as she changed into his sweats, climbing onto the bed and burrowing under the covers. Elizabeth let her tears flow down her face as Hunter got out of the bed, heading into the bathroom and closing the door. He hates me! Elizabeth thought miserably and her wolf whined softly.

The door opened again minutes later and Elizabeth looked up, seeing Hunter stare at her. He didn’t make a move as she sat up, looking at him with sad eyes. Elizabeth looked down at her lap as he walked over to the bed, climbing in and rolling over. Her heart felt like it had just been broken into a million pieces. She didn’t know exactly why he was so upset with her but she was sure he wasn’t going to get over it too soon.

“I’m sorry.” Elizabeth apologized, getting up from the bed and heading toward the door. Just as he hand touched the door knob she felt strong arms wrap around her. She felt Hunter’s breath on her cheek as he held her, resting his chin on her shoulder. Elizabeth didn’t move, instead letting her tears continue to run freely down her face.

“Don’t apologize to me.” Hunter whispered in her ear, slowly forcing her to turn around. She looked up at him, biting her lip to keep herself from sobbing again. She didn’t want to cry in front of him. Elizabeth didn’t like his pity and if she were crying there was a chance he’d give it to her.

“Come back to bed. I don’t want you out of this room tonight.” Hunter went on quietly, slowly leading Elizabeth back to the bed. She laid down, watching through her tears as Hunter climbed in beside her, this time facing her. He reached up, brushing away the tears that were falling down her face. His eyes were full of love and passion that Elizabeth had to force herself to look away. She couldn’t bear to see those emotions in his eyes even if they were for her. She didn’t feel like she deserved it.