Chapter 12 - Travis

NEW CHAPTER!! I really hope you guys like it. oh btw, read the authors note at the end of the chapter. it'll explain a few things to you guys.

Chapter 12

(Travis)

Travis paced outside the emergency room, trying to keep himself calm. He had brought Annabelle to Jet and the man took her away. He had taken her to their doctor and Annabelle had been there ever since. Travis glanced up at the clock, she had been in the emergency room for almost twenty four hours. I killed her. Travis thought in agony, sitting down in one of the chairs and rubbing his temples.

“Travis?” a voice asked and he looked up to see his mother and father. He stood up, going over to his mother and giving her a hug. His father gave him a pat on the shoulder, trying to comfort him as best he could. Yet Travis knew nothing would be able to comfort him until he was sure whether or not Annabelle would make it out of the ER alive.

“How long has she been in there?” Travis’s father asked quietly, glancing at the doors.

“A little less than twenty four.” Travis answered, inwardly beating her up. He couldn’t help but have the feeling that he would never seeing Annabelle alive ever again. If he hadn’t tried to turn her then she wouldn’t be in the ER. She wouldn’t be fighting to stay alive and she would probably still be in his arms. Yet Travis knew turning her was the only way he could make things work between them. Jet had laid down his rules and Travis could do nothing but follow them.

“Don’t worry son, she’ll make it through.” His father assured though he sounded doubtful. Travis sat back down, slouching in his chair and staring at the clock. The precious seconds ticking by reminded Travis that his soul mate was potentially fading slowly away from his world. If she wasn’t still dead then she could be on the brink of dying once more.

“Travis Brookes?” a feminine voice asked as the ER doors opened. Travis looked up to see a nurse walking toward him, a clipboard in her hands. She looked exhausted, almost like she hadn’t slept in days.

“I need to ask you some questions.” She said and Travis nodded, preparing for the worst. For all he knew she was going to ask about the funeral arrangements.

“I need to talk to him first, Nancy.” Jet’s voice made Travis jump. The man beckoned for Travis to follow him and he obediently did, curious as to what the vampire needed to talk to him about. Travis had already done what Jet had asked, surely he wasn’t going to ask for a bigger punishment.

The two of them walked down the hallway in silence. Jet would occasionally look back as if to make sure no one was following them. Travis glanced at a clock as they passed, he had been away from the ER for almost six minutes. What if there’s news about her recovery? Travis thought, worried that something could happen to Annabelle in his short absence. Yet his parents would be there if anything were to happen, putting his mind slightly at ease.

“Did she willingly let you turn her?” Jet asked causally and Travis nodded. He found it a little odd that she had been so willing to change for him. Travis would have thought she would want to stay human. Instead she seemed happy to become a vampire. She had thrown her whole life away just because of a guy she just met asked her to.

“Was she in pain when you bit her?” Jet went on and Travis nodded again, stopping and staring at Jet. What did any of that have to do with why Annabelle was in the ER? He was pretty sure it hurt to be turned. Sure she had been acting weird but he didn’t find it too unusual. Most humans he had met acted just as weird as Annabelle had been acting.

“What are you trying to get at, sir?” Travis asked, cocking his head to the side. Jet sighed, shoving his hands in the pockets of his pants. He looked distressed, like he knew something that wouldn’t make Travis very happy. Whatever it is he better spit it out soon or I’m going to get angry. Travis thought and he took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. He knew if he got too angry then Jet wouldn’t be as civilized as he was being then.