Chapter 18 - Travis

Here's another chapter. Just a warning, the endings just a little weird. It's worded really weird so I apologize. Anyway I hope you guys like it. I love writing in Travis's POV because I like Annabelle :) idk why but I just do. So READ, FAN, VOTE, and tell me how I did :)

Chapter 18

(Travis)

Elizabeth’s trial was two weeks after she was found. Of course, being a vampire, Travis and his brother were not allowed to join. Meaning he was left waiting outside the courtroom, hoping for the best. Travis wasn’t going to leave until he knew his adoptive sister was alright.

“How long have they been in there?” Travis asked his brother, who was sitting on a bench with Taylor on his lap. Travis envied him, he longed to be with his soul mate. Annabelle was still at the Blood Council House trying to get better. He missed her, the reception wasn’t very good at the pure blood house. Travis wanted to call her and make sure she was alright.

“More than three hours.” Taylor answered for him, rubbing her face. The other vampires groaned, trying to control their impatience. Ethan had brought them with him earlier when Travis had negotiated with Hunter. They had been unable to get back to their homes after finding out Elizabeth had been found, worrying about their werewolf friend. Travis was grateful they cared about her like that.

Travis banged his head against the wall, becoming impatient. As if on cue the double doors opened and people began pouring out. Travis was on high alert instantly, watching as guards escorted a handcuffed Elizabeth down the hall. Tears were streaking down her face and she was shaking, her eyes wide. Travis moved to follow her but someone grabbed his bicep, pulling him backwards. He turned around to glare at Brian.

“She was sentenced to life. The only visitors she’s allowed is from someone in the pure blood family.” Brian said quietly, a sorrowful look in his eyes. He looked like he hadn’t slept in days. His hair was messy and his eyes were dull, no longer holding the same light they did when Travis first met him. Hairs were beginning to sprout on his face and Travis had a feeling he hadn’t shaved in days.

“Where’s Hunter?” Travis questioned, looking over the Prince’s shoulder. Brian nodded behind him as Hunter walked from the courtroom. His eyes were soulless and he had bags under his eyes. He no longer looked like the strong Alpha that had stolen Elizabeth from Travis all those months ago. Instead he looked like a man that had just been through hell and back.

“He’s not allowed to visit her.” Brian murmured, trying to keep his voice down. Travis frowned, he didn’t find it fair that Hunter wouldn’t be able to see his own mate. They were supposed to be together and keeping them apart wasn’t going to make it any easier on either of them.

“It’s only because she killed someone else’s mate. It’s a mate for a mate.” A voice growled and Travis turned around, seeing a man glaring down at him. His brown hair was pulled back in a ponytail and his grey eyes gleamed mischievously. Alpha Prince Liam. Travis thought darkly, narrowing his eyes. The Alpha Prince wasn’t a man that Travis wanted to get tangled up with.

“She still deserves to see him.” Travis defended. Instantly the rest of the vampires were behind him, his brother on his right shoulder. Liam cocked his head to the side, a smirk on his face. He was at least four inches taller than Travis and he was built like a rock. Travis may have been strong but he was meant for speed. Liam would crush him like a bug if he ever got the chance.

“How is that fair? Evan can’t see his mate but she can? That’s a little one sided.” Liam observed and Travis winced, knowing he was right. The Delta Prince would never be able to see his mate again when Elizabeth would.