Chapter 14 - Elizabeth

This chapter's short. I'm not too happy with it but it's what I'm going to have to deal with it. Sorry guys. It's just been really hard to write this chapter because I'm not really inspired to write right now. I'll work on it though. So sorry for this chapter and I really hope you forgive me for this chapter. VOTE. READ. And tell me how bad it was. :)

Chapter 14

(Elizabeth)

Elizabeth tucked her tail between her legs as she was shoved into a cage in the back of a van. The man that had freed her from the cage had dragged her away from the forest and out onto the side of the road. Elizabeth didn’t know what was going on and she wanted to know if Hunter was alright. He had been in a vicious fight with the white wolf and Elizabeth wasn’t sure if he was even still alive or not.

“If you even think about breaking out then I’m going to break every bone in your body.” The man threatened and Elizabeth pressed herself against the back of the cage as the van door slammed shut. She slumped to the ground, her front paw aching. It was still lightly bleeding and she could just barely see the outline of her bone. Please heal. Elizabeth silently begged, looking down at it with pleading eyes.

The van roared to life and she felt it pull away from the side of the road and speed away. Elizabeth whined softly, curling into a tight ball. Part of her wanted to shift but she didn’t have any clothes and she was afraid of what her wound would look like on human skin. She didn’t know the extent of her injury and she didn’t want to find out. All Elizabeth was sure of was that if she didn’t get help soon she would probably lose her hand.

Elizabeth rested her head on the ground, trying to distract herself of what was really happening. She tried to think of Hunter before he had gotten into that fight. His dark hair and beautiful green eyes. How sweet he was to her when they were alone and how possessive he could be. She loved everything about him, even when he was being a jerk. Just thinking about Hunter made Elizabeth wish she was safe in his arms. She shouldn’t have decided to go running with him. She should’ve told him to stay in the pure blood house with her. They could’ve done anything, even just sat in their room together. Elizabeth just wished everything was alright.

The van hit a bump and the cage lurched to the side. Elizabeth whimpered, her paw being crushed between her body and the bars of the cage. Instantly the car pulled off to the side and was stopped. Elizabeth shrank back, thinking she was in trouble as the man opened up the back of the van. Another man appeared beside him and they talked quietly to each other, their eyes never leaving her. Elizabeth drew her lips back into a snarl as they opened her cage. One of the men fearlessly reached in and grabbed her by the scruff, roughly dragging her out onto the ground.

Elizabeth kept her weight off her front paw as she managed to catch a glance around. She didn’t recognize where she was. The car was on a dirt road and they were surrounded large trees. Elizabeth could scent other wolves around and she flinched when she saw one streak across the road before disappearing. The man wrapped something around Elizabeth’s neck and she just managed to catch a glimpse of a collar. She narrowed her eyes, snapping at the man’s hands when he fastened it around her neck. He brought his hand down on her head and blinding pain made Elizabeth yelp. The man grumbled under his breath, continuing to drag Elizabeth behind him.

Elizabeth was dragged toward storm cellar doors. One of the men unlocked the doors and the other threw her down the stairs. She winced when she hit the bottom step and flopped onto the ground. The doors were shut again and she heard the lock snap shut. She forced herself to her feet, dragging herself as far away from the steps as she possibly could. Elizabeth felt herself hit the wall and she slouched against it, the cold, cement wall was a relief against her burning pelt.