Chapter 10 - Hunter

Hey guys, another chapter for you. I worked pretty hard on this one and the word count is the most I've ever gotten (4645) so I'm pretty proud of myself. So COMMENT. VOTE. Tell me how I did. :)

Chapter 10

(Hunter)

Hunter glared through the bars at Brian and his mate. He could barely see Bayard’s brown eyes staring back at him on the other side of the room. He had seen the reaction Elizabeth had toward Bayard. She was completely terrified of him. Hunter was enraged that Brian would even think of bringing her anywhere near that man.

“Get her away from there, Brian. I don’t want that scum hurting her.” Hunter warned and Brian growled but obeyed, bringing her closer to his cell. Hunter reached out, his fingers hooking onto the hood of her hoodie and pulling her toward him. Her back was pressed up against the bars and he managed to hold her close to him, wishing the bars of his cell weren’t separating them.

“Don’t touch her, Alpha. You took her away once but I won’t let you take her away again.” Brian snapped, taking a step forward. Hunter snarled at him, holding onto Elizabeth slightly tighter so Brian wouldn’t be able to get her.

“He didn’t take me away…don’t blame him for anything, Brian.” Elizabeth’s soft voice ordered and Brian’s face softened. He glared at Hunter before reaching into his pocket, pulling out a key. He walked toward the cell, sticking the key into the lock and twisting it. As soon as the lock clicked open Hunter burst from the cell, enveloping Elizabeth in his arms. Instead of trying to pull away from him like Hunter had expected, Elizabeth wrapped her arms around him, pressing her face into her chest.

Hunter looked down at her, smiling when he saw she was wearing his sweats and hoodie. She looked great in his clothes. It made him feel better, if a male caught a whiff of the scent on her they would keep as far away from her as possible. It was Hunter’s way of claiming her without marking her.

“I’ll bring you to your room so you can get ready for dinner.” Brian mumbled, beckoning for them to follow. Hunter shot one last glare at Bayard before entangling his fingers with Elizabeth, making sure she was close to him. He didn’t want to be separate from her again. He was going to be sure to be more protective of her.

Leading them out of the prison room, Brian led them down a long hall, not even glancing back to make sure they were following him. Hunter didn’t care though, he would have much rather lost him. He wanted to spend some time with his mate. After leaving her so soon he was ready to make up the lost time.

“This is your room. As much as I don’t want you two to be sharing a room there’s no other rooms open. He can sleep on the couch.” Brian explained, mentioning the last part to Elizabeth. Hunter rolled his eyes, he was not going to sleep on the couch. He was rooming with his mate, he’d rather be sleeping with her. It’s not like we’re going to do anything. Hunter’s wolf mumbled and he agreed. They would deal with not marking her until she was ready.

Nodding her head, Elizabeth pulled Hunter inside. Closing the door quietly behind him Hunter watched as Elizabeth flung herself onto the large bed, burying her face in one of the pillows. Hunter smiled as she groaned into the pillow, walking over to the bed and sitting down. Elizabeth turned her head, looking at him with a tiny smile on her face. She has a gorgeous smile. Hunter thought, grinning back at her.

“You feeling alright?” Hunter asked, reaching out and brushing her hair out of her face. She was still covered in cuts from the glass that broke in the car accident. Hunter grit his teeth, he didn’t want her to get hurt. But he had to get her away from the vampires and that was the best idea he had come up with.