Chapter 13 - Hunter

New chapter!! I'm really working hard on this story because I really really really want to finish it. It would be one of the first stories I have ever finished and it would be an amazing accomplishment, So READ. VOTE. Tell me how I did. New chapter should be out soon. :)

Chapter 13

(Hunter)

Hunter glared down at Elizabeth, shattering her phone in his hand. Elizabeth gasped, her hands going over her mouth. Hunter had walked into their room to find out her vampire boyfriend had called her. She wasn’t supposed to be talking to him. That vampire had tried to keep her away from Hunter and he wasn’t going to let something like that happen again. She needed to learn not to converse with the enemy.

“Elizabeth, I don’t want you talking to him.” Hunter said calmly, trying to keep his temper from flaring. Elizabeth crossed her arms over her chest, an annoyed look on her face. Brian was leaning against the wall, watching his sister and her mate intently. Hunter knew he was the one that gave Elizabeth the phone but he had no intention of challenging the Prince. Elizabeth should have known that Hunter wouldn’t be happy with her talking to the vampire and she shouldn’t have taken the call.

“I don’t care. I can talk to anyone I want. You don’t own me, I do as I please.” Elizabeth objected and Hunter looked at Brian. The Prince nodded, taking his cue to leave. He gave Hunter a look that said not to hurt his sister before closing the door behind him. As soon as Hunter and his mate were alone he had her pinned against the wall and her shirt on the ground.

“What are you doing?” Elizabeth demanded, narrowing her eyes at him. Hunter ignored her, gently pushing her head to the side so he could get to her shoulder better. He felt his canines extend just as he lunged forward, sinking them into her skin. Elizabeth gasped, trying to push Hunter off her. He didn’t move, retracting his canines from her skin and looking at her through blazing green eyes.

Elizabeth’s eyes were full of fear and shock. Her body was trembling against him and he knew it was because of the pure rage she saw in his eyes. A feral growl released from his throat and Elizabeth covered her ears, squeezing her eyes shut. Hunter’s wolf whined but he had to get across his message before he could comfort his scared mate.

“Elizabeth you are mine. I don’t wish to hurt you but this was the only way I could get through to you that you have been claimed.” Hunter whispered, his face close to Elizabeth. She slowly opened her eyes, tears slipping down her cheek. Hunter reached up, gently brushing them away. He was trying his best to be a great mate for her. But if she couldn’t see that then it wouldn’t work out between them.

“I don’t want to be anyone else’s but yours…but I don’t want to give up my old life.” Elizabeth murmured, reaching up and covering her face. Hunter pulled her hands away from her face, looking into her eyes. He could see the emotions that he never wanted her to have: hate, sorrow, regret, and worst of all fear. Hunter never wanted his mate to fear him. She was supposed to be fearless for him yet he had managed to get her to be scared of him.

“Please stay away from him. For me.” Hunter begged and Elizabeth hesitated before slowly nodding. Hunter smiled, bringing her to his chest and embracing her. Elizabeth’s small body fit perfectly in his arms. She was made just for him, not other wolf would be able to experience the happiness she brought him.

There was a quiet knock on the door and Elizabeth wriggled out of Hunters arms, grabbing her shirt from the floor and slipping it on before opening the door. Hunter’s eyes widened when he saw Lilly leaning against the door frame, a smirk on her face. Elizabeth let out a surprised squeal and threw her arms around the girl, hugging her tightly.