Chapter 7 - Hunter

Here's another chapter. I know it's been a while but I've been in California with my band. We marched in the Rose Parade and I was too busy to write anything. My sister was being impatient and she really wanted me to write this chapter so here it is. Happy New Year. So VOTE and COMMENT. Tell me how I did. :)

Chapter 7

(Hunter)

Hunter bowed his head to Elizabeth, originally very unaware of what she was. He would never have guessed his mate was royalty in the werewolf world. Pure bloods were very, very rare and there weren’t very many left in existence. It was as if fate had something planned for him; something he was still unsure of.

“What do you mean I’m a pure blood!?” Elizabeth demanded, her eyes wide with horror. Hunter was about to answer when he remembered she didn’t have anything on her upper half. He forced his lustful gaze to stay on the ground before handing her back her hoodie. His hatred for the male that had managed to bed her was still floating in the back of his mind but he knew he was going to have to watch what he said. Elizabeth was a higher rank than him; he wasn’t going to say anything to mess up his reputation.

“You are one of the Beta pure bloods. You’re royalty amongst the rest of us werewolves.” Hunter said evenly, grinning down at his mate. She raised her eyebrows in confusion; it was obvious she had no idea what he was talking about.

“I’m a half breed. One of my parents was a human and the other was a werewolf.” Elizabeth defended, narrowing her eyes. Hunter cocked his head to the side, there was no way she was a half breed. The tattoo on her shoulder was enough to prove it. Only pure blooded werewolves were blessed to have the tattoo and it was only if their parents were lucky enough to be born in a pure bloodline.

Pure bloods were the decedents of the first werewolves. They were known to have more wolf blood running through their veins. Though Alpha pure bloods were the highest rank, the Beta pure bloods were running in second. Their blood was valued around the world by werewolves, vampires, and witches alike. The blood could be used in potions and were known to make vampires stronger. With pure blood in their possession, a person could potentially take over an entire pack.

“Who told you that?” Hunter demanded. He had read in a book that after suffering from memory loss, some werewolves were unaware of what they were. Hunter knew that was probably the case with Elizabeth. She must’ve lost her memory when she was a young girl and didn’t know what she was. Hunter could think of no other option.

“Travis, the boy you nearly killed!” His mate snarled and Hunter forced himself to ignore the last part. He was only trying to get his precious mate back and he felt he had done what was best for her. There was no way he was just going to leave her with vampires. They were a werewolf’s greatest enemy and they were known to suck a werewolf dry. Hunter wasn’t going to let his mate be killed by people she thought were her family. You cold never trust a vampire.

“He lied. You’re a Beta pure blood.” Hunter answered, smirking at her. Elizabeth stared at her hands, biting her lip nervously.

“But…he tasted my blood. I remember…” Elizabeth murmured to herself and Hunter growled. Why was the vampire tasting her blood? She shouldn’t have been bleeding around him. If vampires found out she was a pure blood they could use her blood. Elizabeth’s life would be in danger and Hunter would have to work harder to keep her safe.

“First of all, he will not touch you any longer. Secondly, don’t let anyone else taste your blood. I don’t want anything to happen to you. Pure bloods are rare and if anything happened to you then you could possibly cut off the Beta bloodline.” Hunter scolded and Elizabeth rolled her eyes. She didn’t seem to care about her bloodline. It was as if none of this was important to her.