Chapter 14: Never Ending Pain

Yukine's POV

I ran as fast as I could do while carrying (y/n), I saw a few masked phantoms but I managed to escape from them and distract them. (Y/n) mumbled a little, I looked at her, still running, "W-wha...?" She whispered one eyes opened. "Are you okay?" I managed to ask. I stopped running and lean her against the wall. "Yeah." She nodded. I looked at her for a minute. "What are you looking at?" She asked. "D-do you remember me?" I stuttered. "Of course, you're Yukine, Yato's regalia." My eyes widened in joy and I stared hugging her. "Y-yukine?!" She said in shock. "I-I'm so happy." I said as I nuzzled my face in her shoulder.

I was shock when she responded to my hug and said: "It's nice remembering you again Yukine." While playing with my hair.

We heard growling from not afar, so, we stared to get up and ran for escape.

As we went out the shrine we saw familiar faces catching to us. "Yukine! (Y/n)!" Hiyori called out. "Guys! We have to-" Then I was cut off a masked phantom blocking our way, Bishamon fought it. Yato came up to me and said, "I was really worried you know." "Yeah, I know. I'm sorry." I looked down. Yato looked at (y/n) and asked, "D-do you remember us now?" He asked. "Y-yes" She nodded. Yato smiled in relive "We have to go now or we'll-" Then someone cut in.

"Where do you think you're going?" A young girl ask. We turned around and saw Nora not from afar. I saw (y/n) looking down saying, "I told you, they're everywhere." "You should have listened to her." Nora said playfully. "Akane, Let's go back" she said while giving a hand to (y/n). "That's not her name." I stated. "Or is it?" She giggled. "You see, (y/n)' name which is 'Akane' is her name from past life. Let me tell you a little story, Akane is a miserable middle school girl with miserable family. Her mother is forced to take drugs by her father. Akane committed suicide then became (y/n), that is, the regalia of the god of darkness. Kai, had a lot of regalia back then, but, all of them was attacked by a phantom, which is, (y/n) is the survivor" She smirked. "You're not suppose to let her know about her past." Bishamon stated. "You guys asked for it." She smirked. "I...I committed suicide? Did they knew?" She asked dumbfounded. "Yes, but they never cared." She said in an evil tone. A tear fell from (y/n)'s cheeks. "Don't worry there's still more but it's for you to find it out." She added.

(Y/n)'s POV

They didn't cared? But...Touma said...no, he didn't said anything about them caring.

I started crying in pain, I didn't mind the wounds from the torture, I only felt the pain in my heart, it's like its slowly breaking by million pieces.

I heard the phantoms growling to the others ready to attack them.

Yato called Yukine's shinki name and so is Bishamon-sama's. They started attacking the masked phantoms also the normal ones. I stoop there out of my mind and felt someone pull me. "(Y/n)! Let's go!" Someone said. This...experience, it's so familiar....A..k..ira? Akira? More tears fell from my cheeks when I saw someone pulled me. Touma. He looked gave me the same expression as Touma did when he pulled me. "(Y/N) SNAP OUT OF T OR WE'LL-" he said the same thing. "Akira?" I asked. His eyes widened and also mine. Then, a masked-wolf-phantom attacked him and made him fly into the ground. "Akira!" I called out. I attacked the masked phantom and managed to break it's mask. I pulled him up and ran into the forest, not so afar from the others.

I maked him lean in the tree. "Are you alright?" I asked concerned. "Yeah..." He nodded. We were quiet for a while but then he asked something. "I heard what Nora said about your past. Back there....you called me Akira, why?" "You just look like him, he was my best friend back then, and also, the first guy I ever loved." I looked down. "He confessed when he was about to die." I added. "I'm sorry" he looked at me in guilt. "It's fine" I said. "I need to tell you something." He said. "What is it?" I asked. "I'm...I'm Akira." He said while looking down. "W-what? You're joking right?" I said with eyes widen. "No, I'm not." He said while looking at me seriously.

Without doubt I embraced him and started to cuddle him in my arms. "Y-you idiot...*sniff* I missed you, *sniff* why didn't you told me *sniff* did you know how much I felt guilty all these years?" I said while crying my heart out. "I'm sorry." He said while caressing my hair. "But how? How did you survived?" I asked, still hugging him. "After you left someone found me, she was the god of snow. She took me in, she never really used me as her regalia, but I helped her fought phantoms. She taught me how to fight. She never named me because I already had a name. When master took me in, Touma was just a side-name. He never told you about this because he know what will happen. All he wanted was to make you smile. That's why I was acting so bad towards you. I was afraid...of facing you again." He explained. Tears began to fall more in my cheeks. "WHY AM I LIVING IN A WORLD FULL OF LIES?! I CANT STAND IT! WHY DIDN'T YOU ALL TOLD ME! IF YOU HAD THEN I WOULDN'T BE STILL LIVING IN THE PAST!" I said while punching his chest. "Why..." I mumbled. "I'm sorry." He looked down. I stayed quiet and went to the others. "(Y/n)! You shouldn't-!" Hiyori called out. I ignored her and kept going to them. "(/N)! What are you doing here?! It's too dangerous!" Yato said.

((S/n) means Shinki name, it depends on you.)

"(S/n)!" Someone called out. Hearing this name made my eyes widen. I quickly began to change into a weapon which is a huge hammer. I am now in the hands of father. "Stop, or else" he warned them.

Author

That's all for today! *Gasps dramatically* (y/n)'s past is exposed! And Touma is Akira 0.0 such plot. Am I right or am I right? Anyways, thanks for reading!