Redney Pt. 8 [Barney's POV]

Four Years Later...

"Hahaha!"

I hear giggling from the living room. I go in to see what all the commotion is about, only to find a giggling child being held upside down in my love's arms.

"Daddy put me down!" Ki (Pronounced as "Key") whines, still laughing.

Michael puts the squirming five year old down and watches her run off into the play room, smiling.

"How was the conference?" I ask my husband, grabbing his hand.

"They love her. They say she's making a ton of friends and listens very well." He answers, smiling, his laugh lines showing.

I'm so happy we decided to adopt Ki. We've had her for about three years, and it's been so perfect. She colors pictures for us, sings along to songs, listens, and loves us with all of her heart. And now she's starting kindergarten! We had our first conference, but I couldn't go, so Michael did. We had Max and Ross watch her while we were out, though.

She'll never know how much Michael and I love her.

Then it hit me.

"I can't believe it's been four years since we got engaged..." I say, smiling widely.

"It seems like just yesterday I was slipping a note to that waiter." Michael replies, slipping a strong arm around my waist.

"And it's been three years since we adopted Ki, can't forget that day." I say, accepting my partner's embrace.

"Yep. I remember her looking up at us with those puppy dog eyes, reaching out for your finger, then for mine. Best anniversary gift ever." He says.

I know what you're thinking.

You got him a child for your anniversary?

No, I didn't. I had decided to talk to him about it the night before, to see where his position was about adopting. Michael was all for it, so I brought him to the adoption center. We didn't want a child over three years old, and Ki was just perfect! I remember pointing to her, looking back at Michael, and saying, "Her. Michael it's gotta be her.". Obviously, he agreed.

We already picked out Em as the godparent, and Ki loved her as well.

Ki loves to come to work with Michael and I. Sometimes, Adam will take Mason in so they can play together. It's always so adorable to see her running around and talking to everyone. However, I can tell that out of everyone at the offices, Em loves her the most. Ki would be in good hands if something ever happened to Michael and I...

OMG THIS IS JUST SO CUTE IM FANGIRLING OVER MY OWN FANFIC. WOW. Anyways...thank you guys for reading!!! Stay tuned for the next Mithross chapter!!!

Have A Good Day Bae