Mithross Pt. 14 [Max's POV]

As I stumble across the fuse box, I make a decision:

I have to wait.

If I turn the lights on now, I'll be out in the open with no defense against a little girl who can't die. Ross and Abby continue to bicker, unaware of my presence. My legs suddenly give out, leaving me on the floor with a thud.

"Maxy? Is that you?" Abby calls, dragging out "you".

I remain silent.

"Max, Max run!" I hear Ross scream. A scream of pain follows.

"Shut up." Abby says.

"Max, Max you have to get out! Don't be a hero!" Ross yells.

The pain in his voice makes me cringe, wondering what Abby must've done to him.

Another scream.

"How is this you're f***ing sister?!" Someone, probably Tim, calls.

I keep my silence, but that doesn't stop my PTSD...

~Flashback~

"Maxy hurry up!" The little ginger girl giggles.

"Slow down, I can't keep up!" The slightly younger ginger whines.

They're on their way to their first day of kindergarten, but somehow it's turned into a race.

"I win!" The girl squeals.

"You cheated!" The boy pouts, catching up to her.

"Oh c'mon Maxy! Or should I say..."

"Don't say it!"

"MAD MAX!"

"That's it! Come here!"

The little boy chases his twin around the small playground. The chase soon leads to the parking lot, which is a much larger platform...

"Abby..." Max stops running,

"What?" The six year old giggles.

She doesn't stop.

"Abby," he warns his sister,

"What!" Abby stops running, turns around, and gives her brother a confused look.

"Why'd you stop run-"

"ABBY MOVE!"

BAM!

"Abby?" Max calls quietly.

"Abby, this isn't funny..." he calls, louder this time.

The car speeds off, immediately regretting turning into the parking lot.

"Abby, c'mon...get up..."

She doesn't move.

"Abby?"

Nothing.

"Abby, this isn't funny!"

Still, nothing.

"ABBY GET UP!" The six year old collapses into a fit.

Max stands up and runs to his sister, only to find a lifeless corpse in her place.

"ABBY!"

Two teachers come out of the building and scream, turning right back into the school to get help.

Ten years later...

Max is quickly getting ready for his first day of high school, seeing as he overslept.

He brushes his teeth in a hurry and runs to his closet to find clean clothes. Once he does, he turns to the mirror hanging on his door.

Max screams once he sees his reflection, but it's not his reflection that terrifies him. It's the little girl standing next to him.

"Hi Maxy! I'm ready for school!" She giggles.

Abby didn't age, she didn't want to. Abby always had the choice to grow as Max had, but she refused. She told herself that he'd stay with her, no matter what. He would become younger for her, and end his life to stay with her.

Well, when Max chose to run away while screaming, Abby became very upset.

Very, very upset.

~Flashback Over~

"Abby, can I talk?" I call.

"Sure, why not."

[Ross' POV]

My leg finally stopped bleeding and my breathing finally slowed.

"Abby, can I talk?" Someone says.

It had to be Max.

"Sure, why not." Abby responds.

Wow, that's not what I was expecting her to say.

"Look, I love you. I love you so much. You're my twin sister, that's a bond that will never be broken. I'm sorry about what happened, and not a day goes by where I don't think about what happened and what I could've done to prevent it. I'm sorry I freaked out when I first saw you again. I'm sorry. I would do almost anything for you. Almost. I love you, I always will love you, but I will not take my life for you." Max says.

"But-"

"It's time to let go." Max interrupts Abby.

"I...what have I done? Max I'm sorry. I messed up. I love you too. I-I-I-" instead of finishing her sentence, Abby breaks down into a fit.

"I love you!" She sobs.

Slowly, Abby's silhouette lights up. She then begins to fade away, into midair.

"I love you too," Max calls.

And just like that, she's gone.

Never to be seen again.

I'm so sorry for the late update!!!!!!
I hope you enjoyed this very, very, very, VERY long chapter!
Stay tuned!

Have A Good Day Bae