Mithross Pt. 10 [Max's POV]

"Jess?" I call.

"Hi." She answers, now in front of me.

"It's really you!" I say happily.

"Yea...yea it is." Jess replies with a sad smile.

"W-what's wrong? Aren't you happy to see me?" I say, my smile fading.

"Of course I am! It's just...I-I can't stay." She answers sadly.

"What? Why? I can't lose you again!" I go to hug her, but my arms go right through her.

"Max, you really have a good thing going here," she says, gesturing to a picture of me with two men. One is hugging me and the other is laughing.

I don't recognize them.

"But-" I begin to say.

"That one is your fiancé," Jess says, pointing to the man with glasses and short brown hair. He's the one hugging me.

"And that one is your best friend." She finishes, pointing to the other man.

"No, that can't be true. I don't know them!" I yell.

"Max-" Jess starts, but something happens.

She's starting disappearing into the fire.

Am I in a kitchen?

Huh?

"Ross...Tim..?" I says softly, staring at the picture.

I know them.

"Jess, wait!" I scream, turning my attention to her.

The fading doesn't stop, but it slows.

"Max...you have to let go!" She yells back.

"No! Never!" I reply.

"I'm okay, Max. I like it where I am. Yes, I miss you so much, but you can't change the past or fait. This was my fait, and I've accepted it. Why can't you?" She asks calmly.

"I miss you! You left when I needed you most. You were all I had!" I answer.

"But look at what you have now!" She yells, softly crying now.

"What do I have?" I ask.

"Friends, a good job, an awesome house, and a loving fiancé. Ross loves you so much, Max." She replies.

"I..." My voice trails off. I look down at the burning floor.

I really do have everything, don't I?

"Promise me...you really are happy in heaven?" I ask Jess.

She's barely even there.

"I promise." She says with a smile.

"Okay," I start.

"I guess this is goodbye...I love you sis." I finish, torn between sadness and happiness.

"I love you too bro." Jess replies with a smile. It's a sad one, but I know she's going to be happy.

She'll be okay.

I will be too.

We have to be strong.

With that, Jess is gone.

And so am I..?

[Ross' POV]

"Max!" I scream again.

"It's no use! We have to get out now!" Tim yells to me.

"No! Never!" I reply, tears spilling down my cheeks.

"Ross," Tim says calmly, grabbing my arm.

"No..!" I yell, shaking my head.

"Ross we have to go. We'll all be dead if we don't go now." He says.

"What about Max?" I say quietly.

He's just standing there, almost engulfed in flames. His finger is on fire..?

"I...I don't know..." Tim answers.

Suddenly, Max stops mumbling to himself and falls to the floor, his finger distinguishing itself.

"Max!" I screech, no longer calm.

Tim and I run over to him and grab him by the wrists.

Great minds think alike.

We pull Max outside and into the driveway. I get out my phone and dial 911.

"Hello, this is 911. What's your emergency?" The operator says.

"There's a fire in my kitchen and it's growing by the second." I answer.

"Okay, stay on the phone. Our firefighters will be there shortly." She replies.

"Are you outside and safe? And are there others with you that may need medical attention?" The lady asks after a minute or so of silence.

"Yes and yes. My fiancé passed out, I'm assuming from smoke inhalation, and my roommate is here as well. He seems fine, though." I answer.

My breath catches in my throat.

What if Max dies..?

No, I can't have thoughts like that at a time like this.

"Okay, we'll be sending an ambulance as well. They should be there in a maximum of ten minutes." The lady says.

"Okay, thank you." I reply.

In about five minutes, the firefighters show up as well as the paramedics. I ride with Max in the ambulance and Tim takes his car. The firemen are putting out the fire.

Everything will be okay...right?

That took a very long time to write! Phew! In other news...I was planning on ending this book when each ship got to 10 chapters, but, I changed my mind! I love writing this stuff and it seems as if you guys love reading it, so thank you! Stay tuned for Redney Pt. 10!

Have A Good Day Bae