-Chapter Four-

"You realise he's still a minor, still seventeen?" Derek shook his head violently.

"No, no-Yes I know that but there is nothing going on between the two of us. He-he...is my student and I am his teacher." Derek became flustered, he was dead meat. The Sheriff raised his eyebrows at Derek.

"I'm just warning you - I know that look - but my son is off limits." Derek nodded, he wasn't going to bother arguing with the Sheriff.

"I have realised." Boy had he realised. He fallen for the kid already.

"Thank you." Stiles' dad nodded and Derek shook his hand.

"Yeah...thank you for your time." Derek nodded at Stiles' dad. He sighed and landed back into his chair heavily.

|°|°|°|

-Derek-

Having my sisters (Laura and Cora) around to my house had to be one of the worst situations of my week. Laura and Cora loved to jut into my personal life.

I cooked them lasagna, my favourite meal, and waited for them to arrive. When the door bell rang, I pulled my jumper further down and straightened my collar out. Opening the door, and Laura shoved flowers in my face and Cora placed a bottle of wine in my hands. I sighed at them.

"Why have you brought me flowers?" Laura sent me a look.

"For your partner...where is she?" My face dropped and I rolled my eyes dramatically, throwing the flowers on the counter. "Oh my god-"

"He doesn't have a partner." Cora finished Laura's sentence for her, folding her arms over. "Derek, you're so grumpy." I rolled my eyes at her. I'd started to hate my own name. It reminded me of the rest of our family a lot. I furrowed my brows. "You could at least smile a little."

"How are you?" Laura asked, turning conversation serious. I rolled my eyes. "Derek you're such a moody man, you're like a teenager." I took them into the kitchen dining room, we all sat and begin to dish ourselves lasagna.

"Speaking of teenagers, how's work?" I nodded, thoughts of Stiles rising in me.

"It's fine." Laura scowls at me, I scowl back.

"Back onto your love life-" I shook my head at Laura.

"The only love life Derek has is with his right hand-" Cora starts but Laura slams her elbow into her waist. I blush vibrantly knowing exactly what Cora was talking about.

"Is there...anyone you like?" I shook my head, partially to rid my thoughts of Stiles. My student.

"Derek you can't lie to us, we hear your heart." Cora poked at my chest and I sighed loudly.

"I...it's not..." I didn't know how to put it into words. I sighed and dished myself some more lasagna and left the spoon in the pot on the centre of the table.

"So who is it?" I feel their eyes bore into me. I shrug.

"No one." They roll their eyes at me and I shrug once again. Then I feel it's time to confess when it becomes quiet at the table. "A student witnessed my panic attack the other day..." Cora dropped her fork and I began to sweat because of Laura's scowling reactions.

"You're still having those?" Laura paused, thinking on what I had said. "Which student? Why was it just them in the room?"

"It's been a while...A few years even." I twirl some lasagna around my fork. "The kid, he understood me. He knew all the feelings I felt, he understood how losing people close to you felt."

"Oh Derek, why didn't you tell us? We would have dropped by sooner." I ate my lasagna feeling a little awkward.

"He calmed me down, stopped my panic attack. He came back to me when he realised..." Cora shoved a fork full of food into her mouth then began to talk.

"So...what did the kid do?" I hesitated, shaking my head side to side a little. "To calm you..."

"He..." I began to conjure up some words, carefully selecting them. "Comforted me. I found peace in it, he knew exactly what to do."

"Derek you're not-oh my how didn't I realise." Laura slammed her hands into her face, I threw a look Cora's way. She was confused too.

"Are you gay?" My face contorted.

"Wait what-" I was interrupted by Cora speaking up.

"I see it now!" She nods alongside Laura and I blush.

"I'm not gay!" I drink my glass of water then placed it down carefully.

"It makes sense why you never have girlfriends!" I shook my head at them.

"Are you two craz-" I stop, taking in what they just said. "Excuse me, I've had my fair share of women." Laura laughs at me.

"So now it's time to have your fair share of men, right?" I shake my head and slapped my hands to my face.

"Laura can you not-" I began to get increasingly annoyed at the two of them interrupting me.

"Are there any guys you like? Are you with a guy but didn't want to bring him here tonight? Are you-" I stop her abruptly by speaking.

"Nobody that I didn't want to bring here."

"So you do like someone?" Cora eggs me on, elbowing my elbow a little. I growled out at her. The table became silent.

"He has nice eyes, pale skin, a slim build..."

"What's his name?" I stall.

"His eyes are beautiful-" Laura slaps my arm, Cora copies her.

"Answer my question." I scratch the wooden table a little, nervous. I bite my lip, daring the words to come out.

"Stilinski." I feel the tension in the air like fog, it gets thicker.

"As in Sheriff-" Laura's face contorted into disgust and Cora slammed her hand on the table, completely abandoning Laura's guess.

"Holy shit." I squeeze my hands together, plucking at my skin in between my fingers. "Stiles Stilinski." I look up, to her stare.

"Isn't he-" Cora slams her hand to the table again, interrupting Laura once again.

"He's still in school!" I cringe, reddened cheeks making me feel hot and my breath short. "Derek, do you like your student?!" I avoid both of their stares.

"I-I...uh..." I stutter, stammer and I mumble as a reply. Words can't form properly.

"Derek! That's against the law and if you haven't gone completely loopy, he's the Sheriff's son." I shrug a little, not entirely sure what to say in response.

"He...he stopped my p-panic attack." I felt my throat restrict, my breathing gain speed. I shook my head. Not again. "No-I...can't...no..." The panic attacks were back to stay.