-Chapter Thirty-

Derek drove home fast. Way faster than he needed to but the roar of the engine disrupted his thoughts and stopped him from overthinking everything he did.

When he got home, he was approached by his sisters, who inevitably picked up on his god holy awful mood. He threw his car keys in a bowl and slumped onto the couch. Laura and Cora joined him.

"We thought you were at the dance with Stiles?" Laura asked, a slight worried look in her face.

"I was." Derek searched the coffee table for the flicker and switched the television to the news.

"What happened?" Cora asked curiously, her and Laura making eye contact briefly.

"Stiles fell over and hit his head-"

"HA!" Cora burst out with laughter and paused when she saw her partner in crime, Laura, wasn't laughing.

"He was concussed and he kissed me." Cora's stomach dropped listening to her dearest brother tell the story.

"Did you get suspended?" Derek grumbled at Laura's question before shaking his head as a response.

"Mr Grimby told me to drive Stiles home. Then, that was when his dad spoke with me."

"Oh god." Cora wasn't laughing anymore, she had a hand placed on Derek's shoulder and she squeezed it.

"He thinks I'm a predator..." Derek looked down, picking at his nails and then he shrugged a little bit. "Am I a predator?" He asked out loud before looking up at his sisters.

"Derek...we know that Stiles is a little bit younger-"

"And your student." Cora added to Laura's speech.

"But...We can see you're in love with him." Laura continued, throwing an irritating glare Cora's way. Derek slapped a hand to his forehead and sighed loudly, before slumping down into the chair closest to the fire place.

"Love?" Derek scratched the back of his neck and sighed again.

|°|°|°|

The Camaro roared into action, its steady purr of the engine waking up the wildlife in the forest. The smooth black surface vibrated quietly as the car moved through the forest, creating a buzzing sounds as it swooped away from the Hale house. The leather jacket on the man was tight and the suit pants remained carefully ironed onto the man. He sighed heavily, looking like an angsty and broody teen. His glasses glimmered ever so slightly in the dull moon light. The man shivered.

The car silenced as Derek pulled into the supermarket, he was here for a quick visit for some milk and his sisters' shopping list of feminine products. He stepped out of the car and slipped the car keys into the pocket of his leather jacket.

He was around halfway through his sisters' shopping list when he had a strange encounter. Reaching for a product His was met by a lady, who had a face like thunder. She didn't speak but her face did. Derek knew the look of disgust, thanks to having been given it a million times after the fire. He raised his eyebrow at her, which resulted in an infuriated sigh from her.

Next, he picked up the milk, semi-skimmed like he and his sisters liked but was met by another stare. This time from three middle-aged women, who looked like parents he had seen around on parents evening. Despite Derek's furrowed eyebrows, he released a small smile his lips curving the slightest. They all muttered in disgust at Derek, so he placed the milk in the basket and he dashed towards the tills.

"Good evening." The cashier was polite as he scanned through the products Derek had picked up. "I guess somebody is on a late night run for their girlfriend?" To Derek, the cashier was the only person who had looked at him like his was a human. He glanced at the shop windows - he didn't look any different to usual.

"Uh...no. My two sisters." Derek managed to squeeze out a small grin but his mind was too focused on the strange reactions people had sent his way. The cashier grinned before scanning the last item.

"How old?" Derek's eyebrows furrowed, was this guy seriously trying to get Derek to set his sisters up on some kind of blind date?

"Too young for you." He bagged the milk and then swiftly made an exit out of the conversation. The guy was probably around Cora's age but there's no way he would like a dude like that date his sisters.

His heart faltered when he neared the supermarket doors. One of his shopping bags escaped the grip of his hands and slumped onto the floor. There was a large billboard full of advertisements, events and police statements but that was not what shocked him. It was what was plastered over the top of those. Pictures. Everywhere, there were images of two people kissing. Each picture was captioned with a small paragraph:

Do you really know how safe your children are? Beacon Hills High, Prom. Watch your kids before the teachers do! #stalker #predator #teacher

Derek gathered the dropped shopping from the floor hurriedly. There was no way that anyone could know. He launched towards the billboard, ripping down as many pictures as he could with his one free hand. Then he ran back to his Camaro. His heat was beating wildly and he couldn't figure what to do. People were going to find out very quickly and come at him with pitchforks. They would want Derek's head. And more importantly, so would the Sheriff. He leaned his head back against the car seat and growled out of frustration.

"What the hell!" He stuck the key in the ignition and the car roared to life.

|°|°|°|

When he got home his sisters were waiting in the living room for him. They could totally sense something was going on with their brother. Maybe it was just second child bad luck that followed Derek around or just demons from his past? Either way, Derek was in trouble. He grabbed the shopping out of the car and slammed the door shut.

He crept inside the Hale house.

|°|°|°|

Wow. Long time no see. I haven't updated this since October in 2017...if there's any of you left who read this book, thank you for all of the support. I hope you enjoyed this chapter:) <3