-Chapter Twenty-Nine-

"Mr Grimby." Derek stared at his boss, Stiles at his headteacher. He looked and Derek and Stiles, how Stiles' arms clung around Derek's neck.

"What's going on here?" He eyed Derek suspiciously before Derek took Stiles' arms and removed them from around his neck.

"He fell and hit his head. I think he's concussed." Derek said bluntly and quickly. He was more worried than ever now. Mr Grimby raised a finger and made a motion with it for Mr Hale to follow, he took Stiles and his currently sloppy body with him. They walked behind Mr Grimby, following him out of the hall.

"Concussed or drunk?" Mr Grimby questioned once they were out of sight from anyone else.

"Concussed." Derek confirmed, nodding. "I watched him fall."

"So there's nothing going on here?" Mr Grimby's finger wagged back and forth between Stiles and Derek, as they both shook their heads. "Take him home, I doubt he'll be able to make his own way home." Derek nods and steers Stiles towards the exit. "And Mr Hale?" Derek turned quickly and stopped, one final shove at Stiles' back to keep him moving.

"Yes Sir?" Derek hoped to God that this was not bad.

"I can move him out of your class if it's awkward." Derek shook his head, a little too enthusiastically.

"No, no. There would be no need to make such a fuss." He smiled sheepishly before sighing after Mr Grimby nodded and left Derek to take Stiles home.

|°|°|°|

Derek had buckled Stiles up in his own car and drove Stiles home. Derek thought now would be a good time to admit that he was nervous to see what the Sheriff would do when he saw Stiles in his car and completely out of it. The last time he had seen Stiles' dad, was when he so-called broke it off with Stiles, as him and Scott stalked the pair. His stomach felt jittery.

"Derek, I'm sorry." Stiles shook his head, eyes rolling in the back of his head as he couldn't think straight. "You're not fired are you?" Stiles suddenly widened his eyes. "Oh that was poor choice of words...fired...oh God."

"Stiles it's okay, just stay quiet?" Nerves bubbled in Derek's stomach right until he pulled up outside of Stiles' home.

"Can I have a goodnight kiss?" Stiles grinned sadly and eyed Derek. Derek stared at Stiles momentarily.

"No." Derek grumbled and he pulled up outside of Stiles' home.

"Derek, I miss my mum." Stiles looked away, leaning his head against the window. His breathing quickened as his eyes were soaked. "Oh god, I'm a mess." Derek sighed loudly, his heart pounding for the fear that Stiles' dad was going to storm out of their house and stamp on Derek like some beetle.

"Stiles..." Derek's handed twitched on the gear stick. He wanted to reach out for Stiles and hold him close.

"Look at me now! I hit my head and I'm here crying in front of you after you brought me home from a stupid school dance. Oh my god...my life it's...I'm in love with my teacher and I-"

"Stiles, calm down!" Derek's hand slipped onto Stiles' leg and squeezed. "You're going to drive yourself crazy."

"I'm already crazy, clearly. I'm dating you." Stiles slapped a hand to his forehead.

"Stiles, let's get this over and done with." Derek stepped out of the car, leaving Stiles whining for his comforting touch. Stiles followed. "Get back in the car."

"What?" Even non-concussed Stiles was confused.

"Just do it." Stiles obliged and got back in the car, belting himself up and confused as hell.

Derek knocked a solid three times on the door. He panicked as he thought the wooden door would bend under his fist after him knocking it a little too hard. The door swung open and an annoyed face was stood behind in.

"Oh hell," The Sheriff grumbled, a hand flew to his head in anger. "What do you want?" Derek itched the back of his neck.

"Mr Stilinski, Stiles slipped at the school dance and Mr Grimby advised I brought him home. He's concussed." Derek briefly bit his lips before sheepishly pointing at his car.

"Concussed or drunk?" The Sheriff shook his head and pushed past Derek to Derek's Camaro, where Stiles sat uncomfortably. Derek followed nervously and slowly.

"Concussed." He confirmed before watching the Sheriff pull his son out of the car. Stiles stumbled out a hand hitting his head from dizziness.

"Dad I-"

"I don't want to hear it Stiles." The Sheriff grabbed Stiles' arm and pushed him in the direction of the front door.

"Bye Derek!" Stiles yelled, after being shoved into the house, to which Derek winced at both of these things.

"I'm sorry, I know how this looks...I-"

"Boy, you know how this looks?" The Sheriff laughed a little and it honestly frightening Derek. "It looks like you're some kind of predator, who's got my son wrapped around his finger." Derek pushes the glasses up his face as he felt ashamed and embarrassed. He felt the tips of his ears got hot.

"Mr Stilinski, Stiles has his own mind. I'm not trying to manipulate him...I am most certainly not a predator." Derek brushed off his chest before pinching his own arm. The Sheriff shifted his balance from one foot to another.

"Couldn't you at least make it less obvious? Hell, if you two get caught...I will probably lose my Sheriff badge. I shouldn't be letting you continue, you should be locked away." The Sheriff spat. He immediately regretted it after he saw the look of hurt on Derek's face. Derek's eyebrow twitched and his face switched from hurt to placid.

"Mr Stilinski, I'll leave now. Have a goodnight." Derek turned away and head to his car.

He was so hurt by Stiles' Dad. He knew what he was doing was wrong but he was certainly not a predator nor did he have Stiles wrapped around his fingers. He frowned at his reflection in the car mirror. He couldn't help it if he loved Stiles...

|°|°|°|

I'm sorry that this was kinda bad...😬