-Chapter Seven-

Stiles wiped his eyes, his face was red and his eyes were. He was crying.

"What's wrong?" Derek moved closer to his student, a little weary. Stiles forced himself into Derek's arm, squeezing his sides. Derek reluctantly hugged him back and wrapped his arms around Stiles' waist. Stiles tightened his arms around Derek's neck.

"He had to go and do it, didn't he." He sniffled as he spoke, his voice sounding raw. Derek felt a new patch of wetness on his shoulder from Stiles' tears. "Scott and I were supposed to be going the cinema together, without Allison. He completely forgot about me and now I'm here alone." Derek patted his shoulder. "And dad wants me home, now. I think I'm grounded." Derek laughed a little, to Stiles' dismay.

"It'll be okay. He's not going to ground you forever." Derek aligned Stiles' waist with his own.

"And it's my mom's birthday." Derek quietened down, saying nothing for a moment. Stiles groaned and then let his head fall onto Derek's shoulder.

"Okay..." Derek squeezed Stiles' hips hopefully. "So today's been pretty shit. How about, you come to my class after school tomorrow, and I'll you can rant to me?" Stiles pulled away a little, nodding. It sounded weird to hear his teacher swearing. It sounded naughty.

"Thanks." Stiles wiped his eyes, the sad look on his face growing. "I need to get home." Derek nodded a little, bringing his hands up to Stiles' cheeks and wiping his tears away. Stiles let out a small laugh.

"Go home, fix things with your dad and run yourself a hot bath." Stiles laughed at the unintentional and charming look on his teacher's face. He nodded.

"I really should go." Derek nodded, taking a step back.

"Go."

"Okay." Stiles stared for a moment, into Derek's soul.

"Go." Derek chuckled at the young boy and watched him leave. He waved at Stiles as he started the engine of his jeep.

"What the hell was that?" Laura bounded towards Derek, tugging him by the ear to his Camaro. Derek's face flushed vibrantly, the colours of the warm fire he had been sat near earlier in the night. "He's your student!"

She pushed him into the car, into the door. Derek felt the cool metal against him.

"Hey!" He shook his head at her.

"Do you have a death wish? You could get fired for this!" Derek's face became worried as his other sister - Cora - also came striding towards him.

"You can't tell anyone." Derek bit his lip. He was terrified of people finding out, how they would react and how the school would react. He could get jailed for being a Paedophile since Stiles was only seventeen.

"Dude! You two just ditched me!" Cora stomped a little in her walk. She scowled. "What's going on?"

"Oh nothing, I just saw our dearest brother here," She slapped him on the shoulder, making him wince a little. "Having a moment with Stilinski."

"Oh Derek." Cora sighed, climbing into the car and claiming dibs on the front passenger seat. Laura shook her head, getting in the back. Derek sighed, hoping into the car and igniting the engine.

When they got back to Derek's place, Derek headed to bed and lay in bed reading with him bedside lamp on. Laura crept in quietly and got into bed with him.

"You're such an idiot." Derek's mind went blank. He put his book down on his laps and sighed loudly.

"What have I done..." He clutched onto his head, feeling like utter shite.

"What are you going to do?" He shrug at his sister and then growled a little when he felt her feet touch his.

"I don't know..." He felt like a big emotional balloon, ready to burst. "I like the kid."

"I think it's a little more than like, Derek."

"Thanks, for reminding me." He dramatically sighed and rolled his eyes at the same time. "He's attached to me."

"Maybe it's something else?" Derek frowned, head hung low like a cowering dog.

"I just want to hit something." Laura shifted to the edge of the bed jokingly. "It's frustrating!" He groaned, pulling the covers up over his head.

"You have to call it off before you hurt his feelings." He got too hot under the covers and revealed his reddened face. Derek's face became concerned and he stared at his sister like she was an alien.

"What about my feelings?" He was having an inner debate with himself. "It's not technically illegal unless I do anything with him..." Laura turned her head pulling a cockeyed look at him.

"Don't even think about that-"

"It's been a while." She slapped him, shoving the pillows onto him and throwing the duvet on him as she got out.

"I'm out!" She scowled. "Just don't do anything-gross."

|°|°|°|

Derek had over slept that morning, running into work late, he held onto his brief case and papers whilst running down the corridor during break time. He was pushed into his room with a firm hand on his back. He turned around, after crashing into his desk and dropping everything to the floor.

"What-" He paused, seeing it was just Stiles. He smiled, Stiles pushing Derek's chest and forcing Derek to lean further over his desk, his back curving over the desk which he sat on.

"I'm ready to rant." Stiles was feeling happy although a little too energetic. He rubbed Derek's chest a little, then yanked at his tie, which caused Derek's neck to follow and moved him closer towards Stiles. "Why were you late?" Derek rolled his eyes.

"I slept in and my sisters let me."

"Sisters?" Derek nodded. "Ah." A thought popped into Stiles' brain. "Cora and Laura?" Derek scowled suspiciously.

"Yeah." Derek rolled his eyes. "They're a pain." Stiles laughed, he wished he had siblings sometimes. "Uh Stiles?"

"Yep?" He raised his brows.

"You're a little close to-" Stiles look around, no one was around but still.

"Ah, yes." Stiles backed away a little, giving Derek the space to move and get away from his compromising position that Stiles had him in. Stiles smirked making Derek scowl.

"You." He pointed at Stiles, pressing his index finger into Stiles' small chest. "Are going to get me in a lot of trouble."

"Derek, I need to talk to you." Derek turned to the door, eyes darting in sheer panic. He saw his sister stood at his classroom door.

"Laura?" He moved his finger away from Stiles and moved towards Laura.

"There was a need lead on the case." The Hale house fire.