-Chapter Thirty-Two-

One gym bag full and a small brief case which he previously used for taking to work. He looked up at the sky and wondered what kind of a monster everyone would imagine him to be. Some animalistic troglodyte, no doubt. They weren't wrong either, he was a predatorial werewolf who had an affair with his own student. He didn't know where he was going to go, what he would change his name to or what colour he would dye his hair, but he knew he had to do something.

|°|°|°|

Stiles flopped down onto his bed, feeling sad. He had officially ruined Derek's life through a concussion. He didn't know how he was going to fix it, just knew he had to fix this mess. His phone buzzed loudly.

Call me ASAP - Lydia.

He did as he was told.

"Lydia, what's up?" Stiles' voice was hoarse from his crying, he had also decided in his sorry state, that he was never leaving the house again.

"Stiles...what the hell have you done?" A cool sensation makes its way across Stiles' body. He knows the tone that Lydia used, he's in big trouble.

"It was an accident...I swear-I got concussion from the table and-" He scrambled to get his story straight.

"Stiles you kissed our teacher!"

"It was an accident Lydia, please don't-"

He pulled the phone away from his ear for a moment as a squeal was released from the other end of the phone line.

"There's pictures everywhere Stiles." Lydia's voice was unreadable, she sounded both disappointed and excited. Maybe it was the thrill of her friend kissing a teacher. "You're one lucky guy." A deep laugh was sent through the phone line.

"What...?" Stiles was confused. He thought Lydia was going to yell at him for being inconsiderate to someone else's life and for letting himself lose sight of his control.

"Mr Hale is the hottest teacher at school and you kissed him." Stiles could picture Lydia's huge grin, her pearly white teeth shining and her strawberry blonde tendrils of hair bouncing as she laughed.

"He's going to get in trouble, Lydia."

|°|°|°|

Derek's head was swirling with thoughts of his escape. He didn't know where he would go and how far Beacon Hills' residents would go to punish him for his sins. The sound of his bedroom door opening made him freeze.

"Derek..." His sister's warning tone made it obvious that he wasn't going anywhere. He didn't turn to face her, instead he pushed a bundle of clothes into the gym back.

"If I can just-"

"Derek!" Laura snapped and finally Derek turned around to see her face full of panic and worry. "I'll take care of this...The police are here."

"What? Police?" Panic rose in his throat disabling his speech temporarily.

"Go." Laura growled at him whilst trying to unpack his guilty conscience of a bag as quickly as she could.

The journey down the stairs felt like the longest one he ever done. He took the time whilst going down them to peer at the pictures hung on both sides of the walls of the stairs. A picture of his mother and him stared at him. They were both smiling with the same cheekily happy face. He looked at his mother, wishing desperately that she was here to give him advice. Maybe this whole mess wouldn't have happened if his mother was still alive. Shaking his head, he took the last step down the stairs and grinned confidently at the police officers positioned at the end of the steps.

"Mr Hale, we have a few questions to ask." One said, he was short and plumpy despite his condescending attitudes. The other, he was tall and young, instantly Derek recognised him as Parrish. He locked eyes with Parrish briefly but neither of the two shared words.

"Yes officer. How can I help you?" Despite the nerves pooling in Derek's stomach, he faked an innocent and confident attitude. He led them to the living room, where Cora sat biting her nails. Her eyes widening when she saw Derek invite the visitors into their living room. 

"We've had a report that you're seeing one of your students - romantically." Parrish remained silent as the other officer spoke, staring down at the floor guiltily. For reasons unknown to Derek, Parrish seemed to already have heard the news that Derek and Stiles were a thing.

"Romantically?" Derek's voice was cold and stern, if he was going to fake it, he had to be committed and professional, as if it really wasn't true.

The officer placed a photo on the coffee table between them, Cora peeking over Derek's shoulder to see the image. He heard her sharp intake of breath, knowing her brother was going to find it difficult to weasel his way out of this one.

"Ah yes." Derek said confidently. Cora's eyebrows furrowed as she stared at her brother. Did he seriously just admit to romantically seeing Stiles in front of police officers? Her mouth dropped open as a long pause was endured.

"You see, this student fell a few moments prior to this incident. I believe he had concussion, I expected that Mr Grimby would have sorted this. Evidently, he hasn't." The officer raised his eyebrows and then turned to Parrish. Parrish raised his eyebrows also, acting as though he actually cared.

"Despite your claims Mr Hale, we still are required to take action." Cora stared at her brother, wondering how the hell he had possibly conjured up all the professional and such a nonchalant demeanour.

"Action?" Derek questioned, trying to settling down the nerves which were deeply routed in his stomach.

"Derek Hale, I am arresting you on suspicion of having romantic relations in a position of power with a minor." The officer stood up, the handcuffs ready to hook onto Derek's wrists. Laura's face sunk with worry, as she arrived in the living room to this scene, her eyes linked with Cora's, whose expression replicated her own. Derek rotated, allowing the officer to handcuff him.