-Chapter Twenty-Six-

"Can I stay the night?" Derek sighs loudly and dramatically.

"Have you not been listening to me? I don't want to be used for sex." Stiles took the glass of water out of Derek's hands before placing it down carefully on the new coffee table.

"I don't want to have sex with you. I want to fix things. I want us to be how we used to be, happy and care-free." Stiles grinned at Derek. "Although I'm still happy to maintain the offer of sex." Derek rolled his eyes.

"You can stay but you have to promise me something." Stiles smiled hopefully, wishing things were back to normal.

"What is it?"

"That you're not just leading me on here." Derek avoided any eye contact before picking up a magasin.

"I promise." Stiles took the magasin out of Derek's hands. "Now please stop avoiding me." Stiles threw the magasin back onto the coffee table before squeezing Derek's bicep. "Let's watch a film." Derek grumbled, getting up to find his laptop.

|°|°|°|

Stiles yawned, his head leaning against Derek's shoulder. Derek closed the lid of his MacBook and placed it on the beside table.

"You tired?" Derek stretched, reaching his arms up into the arm, disturbing Stiles' peaceful leaning against him.

"Hmm." Stiles yawned, unable to stop his eyes watering.

"Do you want more pillows?" Stiles shook his head, eyes puffy and tired.

"It's good, your bed is comfy." Stiles leans into Derek's armpit.

"It's new." Derek says quietly, his arm around Stiles' shoulder. They were buried in a comfy mattress, a 13 tog duvet and several grey and black blankets to keep them warm. It was toasty.

"I can't wait..." Stiles yawned. "...to stain your new sheets." Derek grumbled a little, pushing his body further down the bed, so he could lie down.

"You won't be." Derek yawned, catching how contagious yawns are. "I'll never be able to wash the smell away." Derek rolled his eyes at the thought of Laura, Cora and Peter coming to check out his apartment and interrogating him about the scents. They'd probably recognise Stiles' scent almost immediately.

"That's the point." Stiles shifted his head, so it was comfortable to sleep on Derek. Derek groaned at the thought.

"I thought we agreed you're not leading me on?" Derek turned his head away from Stiles, trying not to outburst with emotions again.

"Derek, please don't start, I was joking." Derek growls quietly before rolling over. "Don't be like that...please." Stiles sat up in bed, suddenly feeling grumpy and annoyed once again.

"You know I don't like being used as a sex doll." Derek grumbled, knowing that he wouldn't be able to sleep if they ended the night badly again.

"We've never even...you know." Stiles' face burned and the covers were suddenly starting to feel like a sauna.

"I know you want to." His voice was quiet in a reply, a little shy about the conversation despite being an adult.

"Do you?" Stiles asked quietly in return, not wanting to save the conversation for another day.

"Isn't it obvious?" Derek's ears were now tinted red with embarrassment.

"I get it. You don't want people finding out and to lose your job." Derek hummed, rolling back over to face Stiles. "And to get punish for several long years imprisoned..."

"I want to." Derek said bluntly. He didn't like this conversation, to him it was foreign territory and awkward. Derek didn't like awkward. Their lips collided for a brief moment, only to pull away knowing it was too late to start anything that they couldn't finish. "Let's sleep."

|°|°|°|

Stiles woke Derek up in the morning, his drool finding its way across Derek's pillow and he groaned loudly about it.

"Oh geez, sorry." Stiles had to admit, he was one hell of a deep sleeper. Derek on the other hand, was a fairly light sleeper - any dreams he had riddled with memories and the cruel reality of his life. The pillow underneath Stiles was also soaked.

"I think I'm going to need to wash my sheets sooner than I had planned." Derek yawned, his voice hoarse and his hair flying off in many different directions. Stiles reached towards Derek and ran a hand through his hair.

"I love these little curls you get when you wake up or shower." Stiles laughed for a moment, twisting Derek's hair in his hands.

"My sisters and uncle are coming over after school." Derek mentioned, as he discovered the time by the alarm clock on his bedside cabinet. It would be time to leave the comfort of the bed and go to work soon.

"I take it you want won't want me over after school then?" Stiles' voice sounded a little sad, he sat up in the bed, stretching his arms out. Derek followed Stiles' actions, sitting up also.

"No." Derek rubbed at his face before yawning loudly. "You can stay but I have to grade papers later."

"You want me to stay whilst your family visit?" Stiles almost sounded shocked, as if he was expecting Derek to shut him down and say how he knew wanted Stiles to be in his apartment again. Derek swallowed, his Adam's apple bobbing.

"Sure," Derek pulled the covers off of himself and got up, rubbing his toes into the furry white rug. "They've got to get used to the idea of us." Stiles got up, following Derek and making the bed whilst he was there.

"I should probably let my dad know that I'm not coming home after school." Stiles took his phone of the bedside cabinet, dialling his dad number.

"Why aren't you in school?" The Sheriff asked as his conversation starter.

"Hi to you too, dad." Stiles laughed sheepishly, eyeing Derek's back muscles for a moment. Derek groaned as he stretched, making Stiles bit his lips. "I'm leaving soon and I won't be home after school..." Stiles eyes up Derek again, winking when he turns around. "I've got some errands to run."

|°|°|°|