-Chapter Twenty-Three-

"Come on," Stiles groaned at his teacher, slamming his paper into his desk. "This is favouritism!" Derek raised an eyebrow at Stiles' comment. None of the other students thought so, nobody had complained.

"Stiles, if a teacher favouritises you, you don't take it for granted." Stiles turns his test paper over, so he couldn't see it. Derek took his glasses off and hooked them on the collar of his shirt. He sat on his desk, looking at Stiles from afar and wondering why he had ever positioned Stiles' table so far away.

"You're making it obvious that something is going on here." Stiles pointed back and forth between himself and his teacher.

"No, you're making it obvious. It's your test score Stiles, you deserved those marks. And besides, there is nothing going on here." Derek turned away, it hurt to say those words. Just a few days ago, he was telling Stiles about how much he loved him. Stiles got up, chair scratching along the floor, Derek turned at the hideous sound. "Wait." Stiles stopped, dropping his backpack off and onto the floor again.

"What now?"

"I lied." Derek bit his lip subtly, then straightened out his tie. Stiles' mouth dropped, partially at how he missed being able to stare at Mr Hale and his professional work gear but otherwise because he was confused.

"What?" Derek ran a hand through his hair and then wiped his palms on his pants, the clamminess of his hands irritating.

"I lied. My uncle isn't blackmailing me." Derek brought a sweaty hand to his head, holding his head like he had a headache. "He does know everything but there's no pictures..." Stiles stared at his ex, unsure of how to respond.

"You lied?" He blinked a few times and then sat back down in exhaustion. "There's no pictures..." Derek remained in his nervous stance.

"I lied, I'm sorry but I needed some distance between us, I can't tell you what he knows..." Derek laughed, a little hysterical. "Peter knows everything, do you know how embarrassing that is for me?" Stiles raised his eyebrows at Derek, entirely offended. "No-not like that...I mean he's seen us doing things and he knows that..."

"Knows what?" Stiles bursted, he was now angry and the bubble had surely popped. "Knows that we got each other off? Is that what this is about?" Derek shied away, now embarrassed about what Stiles had said and Stiles being his mate.

"No." He said simply, turning and facing the opposite way to avoid Stiles seeing his flushed cheeks.

"Derek! Tell me."

"He knows you're my mate." Derek says quietly, gathering the stack of papers and busying himself.

"Mate? Like wolf claiming?" Derek closed his eyes from embarrassment.

"It means no matter how hard we try, we'll always go back to each other...Peter found out and I didn't want him to tell you first, so I lied and you broke it off with me." Stiles looked away too, as Derek turning around to face him. "I didn't mean for this to happen." Stiles avoided eye contact and then stared down at Derek's chest for a moment.

"What is that?" Stiles pointed out the oddly shaped thing at his peck. Derek looked down, now suddenly even more embarrassed than previously.

"Hmm? I don't see anything?" Derek brushed his shirt off, acting like he didn't see what Stiles was seeing. So Stiles stood up, strolling over to Derek and making him squirm. Stiles pressed at his peck. Metal.

"What is this?" Stiles pulled at it, making Derek grunt in pain.

"Don't pull at that." Derek brought a hand up to his peck and rubbed at it. Stiles laughed at how ridiculous he looked.

"Derek, do you have a nipple piercing?" Derek squinted, wanting to find some excuse at avoiding this conversation.

"Can you pass me your test paper? I want to put it back in the stack." Stiles raised his eyebrows, then folded his arms over looking at Derek.

"Stop changing the subject, do you have a nipple piercing?" He reached out for Derek's nipple again, his hand being slapped away by Derek.

"I said don't touch it." Stiles scowled at Derek's reaction.

"When did you get your nipple pierced?" Derek shrugged, a light blush still present on his face.

"A while back." Derek shrugged, his hand remaining on his nipple and peck.

"How didn't I notice?" Stiles looked at Derek's covered nipple for a moment, making Derek squirm under the spotlight. "Can I see it?" Stiles reached a hand out again, but then it retreated.

"Stiles isn't that a little...inappropriate." Stiles raised his eyebrows expectantly.

"You've done plenty of inappropriate things, Derek." Derek closed his eyes for a brief moment, sitting on his desk and looking up at Stiles innocently.

"Oh fuck it." He brought his hands his tie and loosened it. He then began unbuttoning his shirt. To Stiles, this seemed exciting. Something new about Derek that he hadn't noticed, despite them being on a so-called 'break'. Derek finally had his chest on show, his hairy pecks having a hint of silver tangled in there. "Just...don't touch it." Stiles frowned, as he reached a hand out.

"Why not?" Derek grumbled, not really wanting to put it out there obviously.

"It's a little sensitive." He raised his eyebrows at Derek, unsure of what message he was trying to get across.

"As in sore?" Derek sighed loudly, wishing that he didn't have to say this out loud.

"No, Stiles." Derek smirked a little, trying to hide his embarrassment. "I mean it's sensitive, especially for some region..." Stiles stopped dead in his tracks.

"You mean if I pull at it, you might just shoot your load right here, right now?" Derek's brows felt flat, it was no use trying not to be embarrassed now. Stiles almost looked excited and mischievous.

"Don't even think about it." Derek groaned loudly, wishing he had completely blanked the situation and pretending the piercing didn't exist.

"Oh, but you know I want to."

|°|°|°|

I tried to fix things!😂😂 Evidently, they haven't entirely fixed their relationship but I'm sure you can guess what's coming:)