-Chapter Twenty-Two-

Derek found his mood swings unpredictable after that day. His sisters had picked up on how grumpy he had become and his uncle had discovered Derek's angry streak. It was horrifying. Derek had thrown his entire plate of lasagna (bearing in mind that lasagna was his most favourite dish) at Peter. Peter, luckily dodged the flying plate and the wall took the hit. The most that his sisters could get out of him was a grumble.

"Derek. We're here for an intervention." The pair gripped his sheets, pulling them away from him, so naturally he turned and roared at them. Laura was the first to speak up.

"You aren't staying in this bed any longer."

"And you aren't staying off from your job any longer." Cora spoke up, dropping Derek's blankets on the floor and holding her arms level with her hips. 

"A week is plenty long enough." Laura added. "Besides, we know you're not ill."

"Aren't I?" Derek grumbled, now sitting up in his cold bed.

"Listen, there's kids that need teaching." Derek frowned. He was almost certain that Stiles, his mate, wasn't even missing him. He hadn't called or text. It was infuriating, so his phone ended up in the top drawer of his office desk, locked away. "Oh god. How long has it been since you showered? You smell like Cora's shoes." Cora slapped Laura's arm, annoyed. Her shoes didn't smell, so she thought.

"Come on Derek, to the shower!" Laura posed like superman, or woman in this case. She frowned when Derek didn't move and just stared, so Cora decided to take charge.

"Get up!" She tugged at his arm, pulling him up. Since she was smaller than him however, it didn't work. She tripped on fell onto Derek's bed. A thought popped into her head. "Why do you never join pack night?" Derek raised his eyebrows at her question. "You know, me and Laura watch films, eat food and then we sleep in a wolf pile." Derek offered no response but he did long for a wolf pile. It had been years. Maybe even since before the fire.

"Cora come on, let's leave him to get a shower in his own time." Laura dragged Cora up by the arm, to Cora's annoyance. Derek grumbled as they left.

|°|°|°|

Cora stormed in not long after leaving.

"Is this one of them times where I'm going to have to lie to protect your delicate emotions?"  Derek rotates his body, annoyed.

"What?" Cora pulled the phone from behind her back, her fingers covering the microphone and speaker.

"Stiles is on the phone." Derek groaned, throwing his pillow over his head.

"He called it off." Cora deadpanned for a brief moment, looking around the room.

"Well then, answer the phone." Cora offered the phone to Derek, hearing Stiles' impatient voice down the phone. Derek was tempted. He wanted to take the phone off Cora and ranted to Stiles until he agreed to get back with him again. Back he pushed the phone away. Cora groaned, answering the phone.

"He's sleeping." It was a few moments before she finally got off of the phone. She turned to Derek. "You need to go back to work." Derek grumbled.

"My emotions aren't delicate." Derek mumbled before rolling out of bed, Cora pretending to be shocked.

"He's out of bed!" She shouts like a foghorn. Derek grumbled and yawned. "It's eight o'clock in the morning." Derek's face felt flat with annoyance. "You've got to be out the door and in your classroom in..." She looked at her wrist for the time. "Ten minutes." Derek stumbled over a pile of clothes which had grown by 75% over this week he had stayed off school. Cora sniggered before running past him and heading down the stairs.

|°|°|°|

Derek knew he was late as soon as he got in school. If he hadn't of showered and maybe just had a banana instead of porridge, he wouldn't have been late. At least he was actually in school. He ran along the corridor to his room, unlocking the door and apologising to his students.

It wasn't until he realised he had no lesson plan that he just grinned at the class.

"Since I have no lesson plan for you all today," Derek leans against his desk, looking across his room at the students. "You may as well just have you pop quizzes back."

He leaned over his desk, putting his brief case down and putting his glasses on. He could hear the girls in the class gushing about his ass, werewolf hearing and all. He smirked momentarily. He walked to the stack of papers, lifting them up with ease. He turned quickly, not realising who had crept into the classroom.

"Mr Stilinski, you're late." Derek didn't break the eye contact away from Stiles for a moment, a spike of pain rushing through his body. Stiles mumbled something under his breath before apologising. It's not like Derek could set him up with detention immediately though, since he was also late this morning.

He began hand the papers out quickly, hearing groans at how terrible some had done and cheers from others who had done well. Then the last paper was given out - Stiles'.

"Sir, I think there's a mistake with my paper." Derek's attention switched on.

"Hmm?" His glasses slid down his nose, so he pushed them back up, looking down at Stiles.

"You gave me 29 marks - out of 30." Stiles hushed his tone, as if he had cheated the test.

"Do you think you deserve full marks?" Stiles stared for a long moment before shaking his head.

"No, no." He shook his head more violently. "How could I get 29 on a test that I didn't revise for?"

"You must have been some incredible luck, there, Stilinski." Derek cringed a little as he walked away. He knew he had probably graded that test a little harsher on everyone else than Stiles. It's not that he could help it though. After all, Stiles would always have a special effect on him...

|°|°|°|

I have been terrible. I haven't updated in like forever... Sorry!