-Chapter Twenty-Five-

"You bet your ass I'm serious." Derek retorted, crossing his arms over like a child who has been told by their parent that they can't have sweets.

"And, you decide to tell me this whilst I'm sucking you off because...?" Stiles keeps his grip on Derek dick still, not wanting to move just yet.

"I don't want to do this here."

"Hey, it spices up your sex life a little." Derek almost splutters on his own saliva, he stares at his new pants down at his ankles.

"My sex life? I don't have one without you. I hope you're not saying what I think you mean. You don't think what we're doing is a casual thing? Stiles, I don't hook up with someone if I don't want a relationship." Derek stops in his tracks, suddenly sad. Stiles let go of Derek entirely, confused. "Stiles I like you as more than just friends with benefits...is that-this what you thought it was?" He pointed back and forth from Stiles and himself before pulling up the pants at his ankles up.

"I don't...I don't think I even know." Derek bit his lip, zipping his flyer up. He reached a hand out to caress Stiles' cheek. "There's a lot going on right now...I thought that..." Derek interrupted Stiles abruptly.

"Thought that this was just a quick hook up when we both need someone to turn to?" The slow release of anger coming from within bubbled up furiously and he let loose of all contact with Stiles that he had. "I want us back, Stiles." Derek's anger turned sad, he wanted their old relationship back. "I thought this was the start of us again, all of our lies and secrets out in the open..."

"Yes." Stiles gave a one word reply, shuffling over to get out of the car. "I want that too but I thought it's the wrong time so I just thought that, you know, we were just hooking up." Derek laughs, incredulous at how Stiles could think such a thing.

"Where are you going?" Derek followed Stiles out of the car, where Stiles got back in the passenger side. Derek stood at the door, talking to Stiles as he now sat back in the passenger seat.

"I want you to take me home." Stiles demanded, like a bratty child. Derek's skin boiled.

"No, Stiles! I didn't think this was some hook up. I've been searching for an apartment for months, a space for me and you to be alone." Derek grumbled, laughing at himself for being so silly. "Somewhere in me I thought we were serious. Stiles, hell, I've been planning in my head for weeks, how I'm going to ask you to stay with me when your dad isn't home, so you're not lonely. I even bought spare pillows." Derek, frustrated, slammed the door shut and headed to the driver's seat.

The journey home to Stiles' house was silent and the tension was incredibly thick. Stiles sat uncomfortably in silence, knowing that he had upset Derek by misinterpreting things. Derek suffered quietly with all of his feelings hitting him at once. His boner had well and truly disappeared.

Once they arrived at Stiles' house, the silence was broken.

"Thanks for dropping me off." Derek looked away, avoiding eye contact with Stiles.

"Don't you have an AP human geography class to be in?" Derek replied, quietly. Stiles shifted, unplugging his seat belt.

"It was cancelled anyway." Stiles opened the car door, ready to step out. He turned to Derek one last time before leaving. "If it makes you feel any better, I would have stayed over." Then he left, no more words said. Derek slammed a fist into his driving wheel then drove away as swiftly as he could.

|°|°|°|

He stared at his new apartment, it was cold and empty. Usually, he would enjoy the company of himself except tonight, the colour toned walls seemed to sadden him. He missed his old home already - and it was only the first night at his apartment. After a long moment, he decided to strip off, getting into bed and text Stiles saying they need to talk. Then he waited it out until morning.

The morning was harsh and cold. Derek grumbled a little, this place was an empty shell. A knock at the door disturbed him, so he stretched briefly and got up to retrieve the door knocker's call. He opened the door, knowing how much of a mess he probably looked.

"Stiles..." Derek chewed at the inside of his cheek, nervous and saddened.

"Laura gave me the address..." Stiles brushed past Derek, letting himself in. "This place is nice." Derek rubbed at his eyes, ridding of the sleep.

"Can we stop the small talk?" Derek fluffed and played with his hair before yawning. He stared down at the floor to realise his was only wearing a t-shirt and boxers.

"What do you what me to say, Derek?"

"Maybe that you're sorry? You know, for getting my hopes up that there was an 'us' again, just to turn around and use me as your sex toy?" Stiles shied away at the words, they hit him like a harsh slash.

"I never wanted to use you like a toy. That wasn't my intention." The pair both remained silent and a few moments passed by before Stiles spoke up again. "I still love you." He whispered. Derek's heart crumbled in that moment. He turned away from the conversation, to fetch himself a glass of water.

"Those aren't words you throw around lightly." He turned the tap on, waiting until the cup was mostly full. Stiles followed in a desperate attempt to fix things.

"I know that, Derek! I love you." Stiles bit his lip, holding back his emotions temporarily. Derek's heart sunk as he drank his water. He ignored Stiles' presence for a moment. "Did you really buy spare pillows?" Derek frowned, being an emotional constipated being. He made his way to the sofa, plumping the cushions up before sitting.

"Yes Stiles, I did."