Chapter 3: The Omen

A few days later Flame awoke to find her mother out hunting already. She tried to stand up without waking Pebble, but she woke up anyway. She noticed many cats gathering in the middle of the cave. "What do you think they are doing?" Pebble said almost like she was talking to herself. She turned as her mother padded up to them. With a bright smile she had not seen since before the fire  "we are having a telling we were going to have one the day you where born" she said "do you know what a telling is?" Both kits nodded "StoneTeller talks to our ancestors right?" Flame asked. Pool nodded and said "He wanted me to come, can you two stay out of trouble for a while?" Again the kits nodded "Good" Pool replied "I will see you in a bit then" she walked away.

After her mom left she started to play with Pebble who wanted to play something else, but the other kits were sleeping. After a while of scuffing with each other they got bored and did not know what to do. sigh... "what?" said Moss, the kit mother who was watching them while Pool was at the telling. "Oh sorry i didn't know i said that out loud" Flame replied. They were silent for a heartbeat but then Pebble said "We ARE board though." Moss thought for a while before saying "well, go see if the elders will tell you a story i heard Talon is a good story teller, he is our oldest elder"

Well that was disappointing Flame thought as they walked back to their nests. The elders decided to nap as soon as they got there. Fortunately when they got back the other kits woke up. "hey" Night (A Kit) said when they came back "you want to play?" Pebble and Flame both nodded. They played for a while with the other kit's until Pebble got bitten and Moss told them to lay down and take a nap.

As all the cats started to walk into the cave of pointed stones StoneTeller realized he chose a lot more cats than usual. With out a word all the cats sat down. StoneTeller began to walk around looking at the puddles and drips of water. He thought he saw something once but it was just the moon's reflection. When he started to think everything was fine and there was no omens he saw something in a puddle. As he walked up to it, unlike any other telling he was, it wrapped in a sort of dream. He kept walking even though he did not know where he was. It was like the mountains, but with larger stones and a more of a hill with lots more grass. As he reached the top he saw many cats. as they turned he realized a few he could see through. Then he saw Rock and knew this was the Tribe Of Endless Hunting.

"why did you bring me here?" StoneTeller asked as he got closer. One cat stepped forward she was very faded but unlike the others she had a sort of outline of silver around her. "Hello Claw" she said. StoneTeller was surprised because that was his name before he became Teller Of The Pointed Stones. "W-who are you" he asked. A sort of chuckle came from all the cats. "Wha-" StoneTeller was about to say when the cat spoke. "I am a StoneTeller also, but here i am the only one called so." She paused "You see i was the first StoneTeller so here you get called by the name you were before." She took a breath and said "We brought you here because we didn't know how to show it in a puddle or something like that."

The world he was at suddenly vanished and he saw cats suffering of hunger in front of him and many already dead on the edges of the cave. He walked around, tears in his eyes. He saw cats from his tried, suffering. Then suddenly they all stood up, surprising him. A single cat caught his eye from the center of the cave. Fire circled around them, but it didn't seem to touch any of the cats. Suddenly all the cats spoke together yet with one voice.

THERE WILL BE A CAT, KIN OF FIRE THAT WILL CHANGE THE CODE AND WORLD YOU KNOW

Then he awoke staring at a puddle no time had passed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.-.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------