chapter 21: leaving

Five days past. Nothing happened, but sadness gripped the clan in its icy claws. One the sixth day though, StoneTeller gathered all the cats. "I have important news" he said "I have had a sign, we will be leaving tomorrow" some of the cats gasped. Some protested against this, but StoneTeller just ignored the.. Soon, most of the cats wanted to leave.  Prey was scarce and cats had to bring back a wet ball of Moss for the elders. The pool was shrinking too. They never knew they relied on the waterfall so much. A falcon came into the cave also, but it was to small to do any harm. The prey hunters killed it and the cats finally got a decent meal. The say finally came, It was the day they were going to leave. Flame woke and so did Night. They layed there. Just starting into each other's eyes for a minute before getting up.

They padded over to where cats were assembled, listening to StoneTeller. He was discussing were they should head to. The clan cats squeezed their way into the cats. Flame saw a few cats almost hiss at them before they remembered who they were. SquirellStar said that the clans were down the North side of the mountain. StoneTeller acknowledged the comme t then simply said "everyone eat and gather around, we will be leaving soon" all the cats actually had a rather big meal. Of course all the prey hunters had been out yesterday, not coming back to the cave all day long. Flame and Night walked over to Pebble and Pool. Rain was laying next to Pool laying there, almost sleeping. She had just learned to kind of walk/drag herswlf around.

Flame felt the whole clan's nervousness in the air. She had a lot cats walk up to her and talk. It was very strange. Then she remembered I'm the one bringing then there Flame just didn't understand why it was her. StoneTeller was doing a perfecrly fine job. She layed there waiting for the final cats to finish eating. There was barely a few cats talking. Night layed next to her. It was surprising how odd it was just to wait. She saw the last cats finish there food. Then StoneTeller stood up. He signalled for the cats to stand up and walked towards Flame. He said into her ear "you're their leader now" and Flame turned around and saw all the cats looking at her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.-.