Chapter 6: Training Time

A moon later she was out training with Pool. Today she was teaching her a few fighting moves Pebble will be so surprised thought Flame as they were climbing up the mountain to a flatter place. "Now" Said Pool "what do you do if an enemy jumps on your back?"

Flame thought "ummm... get them off?" she said sarcastically. Pool chuckled "well that is the main priority, but how do you?" Flame replied "Maybe by rolling on them?" This went on and on until Pool had explained some moves.

"How bout' you try them on me?" Pool asked after she finished explaining some moves. Flame instantly tried to jump on her, but she misjudged the leap and barley grazed her tail instead. "Come on i thought you were better at fighting then this" Pool said as Flame landed with an oomph on the ground.

So Flame stood back up and analyzed her position and Pools. She finally jumped at her, but Pool just took a step to the right before she could reach her.-."Don't give so much away with your eyes" Pool said triumphantly to Flame.

This went on and on until Flame knew how to do some moves. She could probably scare a cat away her size. As they walked back the sun was setting and some frost was beginning to form on the stones. When they entered the cave Flame slunk against the walls. Soon she found Pebble by Grass and started creeping forward. A moment after pebble's ears pricked up Flame leaped on her. Pebble meowed in surprise.

She fought like Flame was a real attacker and she had to dodge her claws "HEY!" Flame shouted and Pebble stopped, looking ashamed. "I thought you were a real attacker sorry" pebble said to Hee. "Its okay its probably because i had battle training today" Flame replied in a semi bragging voice. "Really? how funny Branch taught me some basic hunting today"

The two cats chatted for a bit. Pebble suddenly said "So, how you getting along with Night?" Flame looked confused "uh, like any other cat" she teplied. Pebble smiled "I see the way he looks at you." She remembered the times she had caught him staring at her. She never really thought about these things though. Even though she didn't say so to her sister, she secretly hoped all that Pebble had said was true.

As Flame was thinking about it she walked past the waterfall and thought she heard voices out side. Probably just a late patrol she thought. She walked over to her nest and layed down a little closer to Night than usual. She woke up again and heard somebody shout
"Intruders!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------