Chapter 19: Disaster

Flame woke up and signed a breath of relief. That was all a dream. She sat up and began grooming her fur until she realized. It wasn't a dream. The water fall was missing and she heard kits squealing in the direction of the nursery area. She went over to her mother and smiled at the kits. Her mother lifted her head and she padded into the nursery. "How are you?" Flame asked. Pool said she was fine. "I named the kits" pool said "the she cat will be Rain tumbling down and the Tom will be Stone that mountain is."

Flame had a tear in her eye when Pool said what Stones name was. She was thinking about her father when she burst out "Who's the father!?" Pool stopped cuddleing the kits for a second and said "I won't tell you, right now" Flame was angry and said goodbye to her mother and stormed out of the nursery. On the way she pasted pebble who asked if anyone else was in the nursery. Flame just ignored her though. She was about to walk out of the cave when she saw the water fall. Well actually she didn't see it. So much had happened in one night. It has to be a sign from the Tribe Of Endless Hunting  Flame thought.

   Out of the corner of her eye she saw Pool carrying her kits to the fresh kill pile. Flame was about to walk over to get some prey when she heard an eagle screech ripple through the cave. She looked up and saw an eagle fly through the gap were the water fall would be. A bunch of cats were trying to snag it out of the air, but it flew too high. She remembered the kits and ran over to help pool protect them. Before she could get to them  the eagle cocked it's head downward, then swooped down to the kits.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------