Chapter 9: Night

Flame woke up around sun high. Night next to her. She saw a hunting patrol forming and was about to go when she remembered she was going to have a train free day. Though she will have to sit vigil in the cave of pointed stones if she does become a prey hunter. That sounded better then training. She looked to the other side of the cave and saw the clan cats walking out of the cave of pointed stones. They actually had not come out since they have come to the cave.

Flame started to walk over to them, but Pool stopped her. She said they need space. Flame backed away and Pool went to the nursery to check on the kits. Flame saw that the clan cats were heading towards the fresh kill pile. Since she was hungry she went to it her self A great excuse she thought. before she went over there she asked Night if he wanted to come share with her.

The two cats padded over too the pile and grabbed what was left of a falcon. When they sat down the clan cats were talking with Branch and Claw. RainPelt was saying something about a lake. As she was chewing she learned a lot about the clans. Apparently they found a home down the mountains. It turns out they are actually a lot more a like then she thought. The clan cats go through training like to-bes, but they change their names.-.

After they finished eating. Night asked for her to go on a walk. They went out for a bit. They walked around the pool for a while just talking about random junk. When they got to the top of the water fall they stopped and looked at the sun set. "Flame?" Night said. "Yes?" Flame replied. "Do you-, oh never mind its stupid." Night said. Flame told him to tell her. Finally he mustered up his courage and asked "Do you love me?" It took only a second until Flame replied "Yes Night I love you"

They padded back to the cave a little while after. Pool walked up to her "Where have you been?" she asked. Flame said that she was out on a walk with Night. Pool eyes softened and she nudged her to her den. "Go to sleep" she said "First thing tomorrow you will become a prey hunter" Flame raced to her nest. When she got there she quickly told Pebble what Pool told her. They both freaked out together and stayed up whispering. Grass told them a few times to shush, but they ignored him. Eventually Pebble fell asleep and Night whispered to her good night. They snuggled up to each other and fell asleep.

In the morning she woke up and remembered that she would end training today.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------