Chapter 10: Hunter

Flame woke up and ate a bit of food. She was still a little asleep when Pebble pounced on her. "Do you remember?" she says. After Flame doesn't say anything she continues "End of training? Duh!" This made Flame instantly awake. "Your right! i can't wait!" Flame said. They chatted for a while until Night came over and said "Did you hear what the clan cats said?" Flame had forgotten all about them for a while. Night continued when neither shecat said anything "They were sent here by the tribe of endless hunting!"

What? both cats asked. Night told them about an omen they had "Well they sent that grey one a dream. And it said to come here or something." Flame asked why, but Night didn't know. The three of them chatted for a while. Grey had said Night would end training also soon. Pebble suddenly said "StoneTeller is coming out!"

All three cats pricked their eats and turned their heads.  Stoneteller was indeed walking out of his den. He hopped his way up the rock pile and meowed to meet together.  Pool ran out and licked her two kits. Pebble tried to get away but Pool tidied up hey fur. Flame looked over and saw ShineFur crawling out of a nest, but the Tribe blocked their veiw, for all of them were gathered.

StoneTeller's announced "Today we are bringing new hunters and guards into the tribe. Pool's litter and Star's Litter. The prey hunters today will be Stick, Flame, and Night." All three cats touched noses with StoneTeller and then rushed back down the boulders to the cats below. Without waiting StoneTeller continued "We also have three new cave guards today. Pebble, petal, and Grass. The cats also ran up touched noses and ran back down. "These cats will spend the night in the cave of pointed stones tonight" StoneTeller said before slipping in the cave himself. All six cats followed him without a word.

When Flame woke up the next dat she forgot where she was at. Then she remembered I'm a Prey Hunter now! Grass was already stirring so Flame sat up nodded at him and began to nudge the others awake. Stick took longer to awake, but that was usual. StoneTeller came out of nowhere and signaled with his tail for them to leave. As soon as they left the cave of pointed stones the cats started chatting with each other.

A lot of cats came up and congratulated them. After that they had nothing to do except talk and sleep. When it became dark Flame found a nest close to where the  prey hunters sleep, so did Night and Stick. Grass and Pebble had to sleep a little farther away, but Flame could still yell to her from where she was. Better not do that much she thought after yelling over to Pebble. Pool was a few nests awat from Flame and waved good night to her.

All the cats in the cave shared their nests. So Flame and Night shared one. Stick found one with her older litter mate. Pebble shared one with Grass and all of them fell asleep in their new fresh nests. Flame dreamed about nothing in particular.

 Flame dreamed about nothing in particular