chapter 18: Tumbling water

Flame woke up on the middle of the night from a nightmare. She laid there panting. She then thought of what happened the previous day. They were going to leave in a moon. In a moon her home would be gone. When she was trying to go back to sleep she realized that it was strangely quite and bright in the cave. She sat up to see when it was going to be morning and saw something terrible. The waterfall was gone. Flame wanted to scream, but it was too late at night. So, she just turned around and nudged Night awake when he was finally awake Flame showed him. They started to panic and soon started to accidently wake up a few cats around them. A huge commotion started up eventually waking up all the cats. StoneTeller walked out of his cave and gasped when he saw that the waterfall was missing. He shouted "It's a sign, we must go to the clans!" this started to really freak people out and they gathered by StoneTeller to see what he had to say. "We must go" he began "it's our only hope right now!" A lot of cats turned their heads to look at Flame and she could feel her skin burning under her fur.

StoneTeller stepped forward and said "There is nothing we can do about it right now, so go to sleep" then he went back into his cave beckoning for the cats to leave. All the cats walked back to their nests. It didn't get quiet for a long time. Flame woke up again. About to growl at whoever did so she heard a scream though the cave. She looked around and saw a few cats stirring and StoneTeller running across the cave towards, her mother? She stood up and ran over to him. Night followed her. "What's happening!?" she asked StoneTeller just pointed with his nose to her mother. She realized she was going to have her kits tonight. Gray took her large kits out of the nursery then came back. Through every thing that was happening Flame thought They will be To-Bes soon. Her mother panted and screamed for a few minutes until she saw her stomach convulse and a little tiny kit slid out. Pool laid on her side so it must of been the only kit, but then all three cats gasped as her stomach convulsed again and a second kit slid out. StoneTeller handed it to her and she started to rub it with moss. Yet another pain gripped pool's stomach and a third kit came out. He handed this one to Night then he started to rub the other kit.

When they were dried off she handed them to her and they started to suckle. Pool had tears in her eyes so Flame went and comforted her. She said they were perfect because they were so wrinkly and well you could say cute. One was a she cat with dark blackish blue fur and orange eyes. Then the other was a gray Tom like Pool, but with white tabby stripes. Stoneteller suddenly stopped rubbing the third kit. "He's dead" he said putting the kit in front of him. He was dark brown and had lighter paws. "You should leave" StoneTeller said pushing them away. She left them to rest and ran out to the Cave Guard nests. She found Pebble curled up next to Grass. She nudged her awake and told her the news. She then padded back to her own nest. She knew it was very late so she curled up again next to Night. The thought of who the father was entered her mind again
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.-.