Chapter 11: Alongside

Flame woke up to hear Nights soft voice saying they are going hunting. This made her jolt awake. Our first hunt! she thought. She padded out of the cave with Night, Paw, Stick, Branch, and pebble. SquirrelStar said she wanted to tag along also. It was a very successful hunt. They caught an eagle a falcon and three mice, but Pebble ripped one of her claws. SquirrelStar was surprised at how they hunted so she didn't lure a bird in with one of the mice. As they were walking back Flame became a bit friendlier with her.

When they got back Pebble went to StoneTeller for her ripped claw. Night told her he would be right back and he went over to talk with some other toms. Flame decided to go see how pool was. As she passed them she heard a tom say something about her and kits. They looked away and Flame grumpily went to Pool. Pool and Flame simply chatted for a while.

She walked over to Night. They went over to their nests and groomed for a while. They chatted a bit and Night asked again if she loved him. "Of course i do you big furball" she replied before licking his face and laying down. He curled up beside her and they fell asleep.

They woke up and hunted. Then shared a part of a falcon. They both knew for sure they had something that would last forever. The clan cats spent a lot of the day with StoneTeller they still didn't know why they were here...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------–---------.-.------------------------------