Chapter 5: To-Be

Pebble woke up Flame "StoneTeller said we're going to be To-Be's today!" shouted Pebble in her face. That made Flame jump up immediately. Flame tried to talk, but couldn't. She finally choked out a small "really?"

Pebble looked at her with a stupid look on her face and said "no, I'm just trying to crush your soul." Flame didn't get up though because Pebble's sarcasm was hard to read. Suddenly Pebble jump on Flame again and yelled "Get up you great lump!" They scuffled for a minute until they remembered what was happening.

"Let's go!" Flame yelled as she ran out to the main part of the cave. As soon as they went maybe a fox length Pool stopped them. "What do you two think your doing?" Both kits were surprised by their mother stopping them. "Mama were going to be To-Be's!" Pebble said to her.

With a sigh Pool replied "Not looking like that and you have to wait!" Both kits muttered sorry and Pool began grooming them. Ugh I hate this Flame thought while she was getting groomed. As if reading her mind her mother replied under her breath that it wasn't to bad.

After Pool was done she started going over what to do with the kits. "Now my darlings when StoneTeller says to come it is very easy. Just go up the rocks say I will Then after he talks bow down and then you will be To-Be's"

Right after Pool was done explaining StoneTeller called the Tribe together. The kits walked out, Pebble a little more bouncy. They stood by StoneTeller on the great rocks. Both kits stared at StoneTeller, but he looked at the roof of the cave and said. "In the mountains of the Tribe of endless hunting I summon their spirits to look upon these kits and give them a new status."

Wind in the cave seemed to sweep through the cats fur. StoneTeller stopped and kind of seem to breath in the wind then continued. He turned forward Pebble and she bowed down. "With the spirits that have guided you I name you a Cave Guard in practice. " he then put his tail onto her shoulder for a moment then turned towards Flame. It's time Flame thought. StoneTeller went through the same things with her except he named her a prey hunter in practice.

After the ceremony they went back down to their mother and got congratulated by the whole tribe. As she pressed up against Night she thought she saw a outline of a gray cat against the waterfall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.-.