Chapter 24: Clouds on Legs

They walked on for the next two days heading towards the setting sun. Shade gave in eventually and told them which way the clans went. Flame didn't let them leave  without a few scratches though. She still couldn't believe what he tried to do. As they walked on she found the Rocky slopes turning into grassy pastures. Soon they came to a fenced off area. "What are those?" She heard Claw say. She turned her head and saw Some animals that almost looked like clouds. Talon said they were called 'sheep'. They kept walking and came to many other fenced off fields. Talon identified them as things like 'cows' and 'horses'. They all looked equally strange.

At one point they had to cross some of the fields. Some wierd creatures looked more frightened of the cats then the cats were frightened of them. While they were crossing a field Flame smelt something strange. Before she could yell out someone yelled "Dog!" All the cats ran for their life and began to run to a thicket on the side of the field. She watched as a young dog ran out and started barking at them. He didn't come any closer, but stayed in one spot. Once all the cats got to the thicket Flame peeked her head out. She saw a much older dog come and growl as the dog. The younger one walked back to the two leg nest.

They kept walking for some time until it was getting dark. They rested in old rabbit's burrows for the rest of the night. They woke up. Every one seemed much energetic today. They traveled for a long time. Crossing countless hills. As they walked they found a place where horses stayed. Then they walked up the hill it was on. What she saw before her took her breath away. It was a large expanse of water. Shimmering in the dusk sun. It was a lake.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------