Chapter 8: Kits

When Flame awoke she found her self snuggling close to Night. She didn't move though because during the last few days she had grown very close to him. Pebble tried to tease her about it, but she was probably just jealous. Flame saw that the sun was only a few golden rays. She was about to curl back up and go to sleep when she remembered what happened yesterday.

After Talon Said they were clan cats he explained how he recognized some of the scent. All the ave guards backed off because everyone in the Tribe have probably heard the story about them before. Talon really liked to tell the story about the clans. The three cats introduced them selves. The dark ginger cat was named SquirrelStar. The light tortoise cat's name was RainPelt and the last smaller, younger gray cat's name was Shinefur.

They explained that they had traveled quite far. Further than last time they came to the mountains. After that they got taken to StoneTeller because they had said they urgently needed to talk to him. On the way over to the tunnel Flame went over to Pebble and told all of what happened. Then she went to her nest, but couldn't fall asleep for a long time.

After Flame went over everything that happened in her head she saw a sun beam stretch across the cave. She looked over and saw the three strange cats in a nest by the cave of pointed stones. They started to stir in their nests even though tribe cats usually don't wake up until later,now they don't slip on frost outside. She shrugged and went back to sleep.

She woke up by someone nudging her. When she finally opened he her eyes she saw pebble's face only a mousetail away from hers. Flame was startled and stood up and hissed. She realized it was Pebble and mumbled sorry. "Guess what i just saw?" Pebble said to her kind of shouting. "W-What?" Flame replied, yawning. "I Just saw StoneTeller talking with Branch and Pool!"  Pebble said to her. "What does that have to do with anything?" Flame said after she had woken up a bit more. "Don't you see?" Pebble replied to Flame "Were not going to be To-Bes any more!"

This woke up Flame all the way instantly they chatted for a while. Branch came over and told Pebble they were going to go training. Once they left Flame went over to see the new litter that arrived last night. As she was padding over there she picked up Mouse from the pile for Grey, the mother of the kits who is also her aunt.-. When she arrived she saw four cute little kits. There were two toms and two shecats.

All the kits looked different. The first tom was a dark blueish gray color with white stripes and short ears. The other tom was black with white paws and a fanned tail. One of the shecats was a light sandy color with darker speckles and shorter legs than the rest. The other was a very dark brown with long fur on her ears. Over all the kits are super cute. Grey said that she named the dark blue tom Wave in pool below. The black Tom shadow behind big rocks. The light gray shecat sand next to water and the last shecat Fur on the mouse's back.

As Flame went over to the fresh kill pile to get some food for her self Pool walked up to her. "Hurry up and eat we are going out to train" Pool said. Flame chose a mouse and gulped it down. She headed over to Pool and they walked out of the cave. Once they came back at sunset Pool told her "We aren't going training tomorrow so you may sleep in" then headed to her nest to sleep. Flame noticed how her mother has been more tired lately. Probably because of training Flame thought.

After a while Pebble padded in to the cave. When Flame walked up to her Pebble already knew what she was going to say "Maybe tomorrow" Pebble said. They both went to their nests and fell asleep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------