Chapter Six

"Babe!" Eleanor called out to Louis who was in her lounge room cleaning up the popcorn he spilled "Zayn's calling you again!" She groaned rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"Shit" Louis whispered "I've gotta go."

"If you think he's using you why do you always go back to him?"

"Because El, no matter what I love him..." Louis sighed " and besides, I promised I'd take him to the event tonight."

"Stay here with me tonight, if he doesn't go then maybe he isn't using you but if he finds away to go then he is just a prick using you to expand his business!"

"I don't know El, if he doesn't go and I don't come home he's gonna freak and think I'm cheating on him."

"Louis... you are though..."

On the other side of town, Louis was right, Zayn was running around their shared flat looking for any clue as to were Louis was. It was rare for Louis to be late to anything, it was usually always Zayn who was late, and as of now... he's 3 hours late. 

No calls.

No texts.

Hell Louis didn't even send an e-mail.

After another hour of searching Zayn sat on the sofa in the living room wearing his black trousers, white button up, and black skinny tie. Zayn was just about to lose it and break down in tears when Harry called him asking why he and Louis weren't there.

"I don't know... he's four hours late and he won't answer my calls or texts."

"za-"

"If you knew something Harry, you'd tell me right? You wouldn't let me think my relationship was normal and healthy if Louis was cheating on me right?

Harry sighed and ran his fingers through his hair because honestly, he had a feeling Louis was cheating, but he didn't know for sure.

"Of course I would mate, listen I'm going to get you and you can be my guest to the party. Liam and Niall will be happy you came, yeah."

Zayn agreed to go, not because he wanted to network the party, not because he was mad at Louis... the only reason he went was because he refused to cry and that's exactly what would have happened if he stayed in the empty flat he shared with his boyfriend of six years any longer.

When Louis returned to the flat at three am with the excuse of 'Oh, I went to the party with just the lads bonding time', to find Zayn not there. Eleanor's words replayed in his mind.

"if he doesn't go then maybe he isn't using you but if he finds away to go then he is just a prick using you to expand his business!"

Zayn was using him...

***

After Alex and Zayn put the twins to bed that night, Alex was sat on the edge of the bed with Zayn standing between his legs pressed into his body. Alex wanted so badly to ask him who it was that text him but deep down he knew the answer, he knew the day would come where Louis would either find out about the twins or,what really scared Alex, he would want Zayn back. That he would realize how badly he fucked up and would want him back because, you don't love someone that long and that passionately to just stop one day, and leave.