Chapter Thirty

They'd taken the drive from London to Doncaster plenty of times before but today was different. Today wasn't just Louis and Zayn taking a drive because Louis was feeling homesick.

Today was Louis and Zayn taking their children to meet a part of the family they'd never seen, except for that one time at their birthday party where Jay, Lottie and Fizzy came.

Today they're meeting Daisy and Phoebe, the first twins they'll ever see in person, and Doris and Ernest another set of twins who aren't much younger than them.

Today is a huge deal and and Zayn is losing his mind while Louis is just sat in the drivers seat chatting away with Damian and Elijah about the greatness of Spiderman like it's nothing.

"-all Batman is money! But don't tell your Uncle Liam this because he'll lose it. Now boys who's better Spiderman or Batman?"

Zayn turned towards the backseat to watch the boys as they sent sneaky glances and smirked at each other, he already knew what they were going to say so he turned back to watch Louis.

"BATMAN!" They yelled in unison making Louis flinch and glare at Zayn

"You've ruined my children, my poor babies don't have a proper education! What have you taught them?" He rushed out staring at Zayn before looking back at the road in front of him.

"They like what they like. Elijah likes Spiderman though although I am slightly worried with how much he likes Venom more..." he trailed off glancing at his son in the backseat who was catching grapes his brother was throwing at him. 

"S'always the quiet ones you gotta watch out for." Louis whispered sneaking a glance back at the boys "They always sneak up on you." he finished, but by the way he was looking at him, Zayn knew he wasn't talking about Elijah anymore.

"Daaaaad!" Damian whined kicking the back of Louis' seat "You not listening to me! M'saying will Grandmum make cookies like nan? 'Cos, if no... we don't like her."

"Damian William! Don't you say that! That is your grandmum and that's Louis' mum and you will love her just as much as my mum!" Zayn hissed turning to look his son sending him a glare to let him know he'd better shut it.

"Don't yell at him daddy. Damian didn't mean it, right D? Yous jus messin, yeah?" Elijah pushed becoming visibly upset not just from his father yelling but also because his car seat was too far away to reach his brother.

 Louis sat up further in his seat looking back and forth between the road and the rear view mirror not knowing what to do in the situation. Parenting was still so new to him and he didn't want to say the wrong thing and go against what Zayn has instilled in the last four years. 

He saw where Zayn was coming from, Damian shouldn't have said that about his mum, but he also understood that he was just joking around. He wanted to tell him that it wasn't a big deal, that he said those types of things all the time when he was younger but he couldn't bring himself to say it. He felt that even if he his their father he was over stepping his boundaries and this was all still too new so he didn't want to ruin it. 

 Zayn turned around and noticed Louis discomfort but decided not to bring it up. they'd talk about it later.

☯☯☯

As soon as they pulled up in front of the house all five or Louis' sisters ran out followed by his brother, Dan and his mum. They ran up to the SUV and threw open the back doors stunning the two boys in the back. Zayn, knowing his sons ability to quickly freak out, turned around and reassured them that these were their aunts, uncle Grandmum and Grandpa.