Chapter Fifteen

Thirty minutes, that's how long Zayn stared at the seat in front of him, just staring. He couldn't move, his worst fear and come to life again and Zayn was frozen in a state of shock and disbelief. He knew it was likely that Louis would react like this but having it actually happen... it was ten times worse.

After thirty minutes he threw down two fifty notes and walked out the same door of the restaurant Louis had only not as fast or urgent. When he made it to his car and sat inside he rested his head against the steering wheel and took deep breaths trying to calm himself.

It wasn't working though.

After Louis left he cursed himself for not taking his car because now he had to take a taxi. He thought about going to a pub and drowning his thoughts, sorrows and anger in a few pints or a tray full of shots, be he decided against it and just went home.

When Louis walked through the door of his house and in to the living room he was met by Liam sleeping on the couch with Damian and Elijah tracing over his tattoos with pink and blue markers silently giggling.

He stared unsure of what he should do. Should he just go upstairs and leave them be? Or should he go in there and talk to them, talk to his sons? He stood there staring for a while longer before deciding to go with the latter.

"Damian, Elijah?" He whispered trying not to wake Liam although he was upset with him. He knew deep down that Liam had to have known about this. Zayn and Liam talk everyday, there's no way Liam didn't know.

The twins looked over at Louis and quickly climbed over Liam and off the sofa before walking over to Louis who just waved his hand for them to follow and led them to his game room.

Elijah, thinking they were in trouble once they got to the room and Louis still hadn't said anything, looked up at him with wide eyes. "We're sorry we won't color Uncle Lamb again, promise."

"You're not in trouble," Louis quietly laughed and sat on the floor pulling the boys with him so they were each sat in one of his thighs "I have to ask you something, yeah. Do you know who I am?"

Damian and Elijah exchanged a confused look before Damian answered back while Elijah nodded, "You're LouLou, daddy and Uncle Lambs friend." He said like it was the most obviously thing because to him it was"

"Yeah, but there's more." Louis whispered

He stared down at the boys, his boys, and noticed the way Damian's eyes were the same shade of blue as his and they held the same curious look his did when he was younger. He noticed how Elijah looked almost exactly like him when he was a kid except with Zayns almost amber colored eyes. Louis wanted to slap himself for not noticing it sooner when it was right in front of him this whole time. He'd been around the boys constantly for the last month now, how could he not have noticed that Zayns kids were his kids too. How could he have been so stupid?

He didn't realize he zoned out until Damian flicked his nose and Elijah pushed on his stomach making them both giggle.

"Yeah, yeah okay." He paused taking a deep breath "you know you have two daddies right?"

The twins looked at each other raising their eyebrows and nodding at each other before mumbled a confused yes.

This is it, he thought, I'm gonna fucking do it.

"Well, I uh I'm your other dad." he breathed feeling like a weight was being lifted off his chest

Damian being the more outspoken twin was the first to reply "Like Alex was?"