Chapter Twenty-Six

"Alls 'm saying is I remember all your spots. Like I know if I kiss you from nipple to nipple you'll practically orgasm on spot."

Zayn blushed as he readjusted the laptop that was laying on top of his stomach. 

"Shh shh, the boys are asleep and the last thing I need is for them to be up at..." he paused looking at the alarm clock on his nightstand "half one in the morning." he scolded lightly doing a poor job at hiding his smile.

"You mean the last thing you need is for them to come in and as why their daddy is talking to his computer without a shirt on?"

He blushed again as he started looking around for his long forgotten hoodie. "Shut it Tomlinson."

"You say that because I'm right. Oi! You better not be looking for a shirt I want to see you... your body until I fall asleep, Malik." Louis smirked knowing what affect his words had on Zayn. 

"Speaking of sleep," Zayn shifted "I should goto bed it's been twelve days since the accident and I can finally get my stitches out...I can stop feeling like Frankenstein."

Louis scoffed at that. "Babe really? Frankenstein?"

"I'm covered in bruises and stitches not to mention this fucking electric blue cast I've got on my arm." Zayn laughed 

"Zayn you could literally roll around in shit and still be the most beautiful person in the room." Louis replied honestly 

Zayn blushed looking up from his hands and locking eyes with Louis. Neither noticed the way their breathing became labored, Zayn didn't notice the way he was chewing on his lower lip looking wide eyed at Louis and Louis didn't notice the way he was absentmindedly tracing his lips with his index finger. 

"Lou..." Zayn mumbled smiling at Louis "Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" He asked innocently 

"I don't know, it's like you're studying me..."

"I am, I haven't seen this much of you in years Z."

"I was shirtless the morning you left last week." He laughed calling bullshit

"Yeah, but I literally had to run out of the house to catch my plane. I didn't see the skull with the top hat, or the way your collar bones pop out now. Or fuck, I didn't even get to study the way your jaw has become more defined, your stoma-"

"My stretch marks you mean?" 

"Zayn," Louis sighed running his hand down his face then back through his hair "I will never understand how someone as amazing and beautiful as you can't see that. How can you not know how fucking stunning you are to me, hell to everyone.

I just... I just want to show you- make you see how everyone else see's you. You deserve it Zayn after everything you've been through, you deserve genuine happiness."

At this point Zayn's lip had started to quiver as he struggled to keep the smile on his face. Every word Louis spoke brought out emotions for Zayn that he had kept buried for years. He was just about to respond with something that would turn this already cheesy conversation, over the top, but as usual Louis had to open his mouth.

"So like... ya know..." 

"No not really, what am I supposed to know?" he retorted raising an eyebrow at Louis.

"It'd be pretty fucking great if that blanket disappeared and maybe took your boxers and trackies with it." He smiled pulling at his bottom lip starring at Zayn gauging his reaction.