Chapter Twenty-Two

It had been a dreadful day for Zayn. It started as soon as he woke up surrounded by both of his kids, which would've been fine if one of them hadn't wet the bed, meaning he'd have to bathe them before getting dressed and put his sheets to wash. When it was time to brush their teeth Damian refused, flat out said no to opening his mouth. Only getting him to do so when he promised to pick them up from nans with a lolly from the sweet shop Miranda takes them to. 

If that wasn't bad enough, Damian decided to play dead while Zayn was trying to dress him and even had to get Elijah to help move his older twin around.

By the time they made it out of the door Zayn was running late and was utterly exhausted. He wanted nothing more than anything to just go back inside and go back to sleep but he couldn't. He promised his mum and day with the boys and Victoria Beckham waits for no one. 

***

Needless to say Zayn's day was shit and in all honestly the only good part of the day was when his mum asked if she could keep the boys over night to take them to the aquarium the next day, which Zayn gratefully accepted. 

So after eating an early dinner (3pm) with his mum and the boys, Zayn decided to head home to have a soothing bath and just lay around his house with no interruptions. Don't get him wrong, Zayn loves his boys more than anything but it's just nice to have alone time every once in a while. 

He had just taken off his shirt when his doorbell rang. 

At first he was going to ignore it and just continue what he was doing but as he went to unbutton his trousers it rang again.

"Oh for fucks sake!" Zayn grumbled adjusting his trousers and heading towards the front door "The one day in 10,000 years I get a moment to myself everyone wants to come and ring the damn bell. 'Oi, lets just take a piss at Malik today his life has just been oh so peaceful for so long.'" He stopped talking to himself like a senile old man once he was finally stood in front of his large front door. 

Composing himself he took a deep calming breath and opened the door. Only instead of seeing a post man delivering a package or solicitor selling a product he would have found no interest in what so ever, he was met with Louis. 

Louis who wasn't allowed to leave nor have visitors, Louis who he'd been missing dearly, Louis who he'd been calling three times a day just to hear his voice, Louis who he loved.

"Wha- When but? Columbia? Jesus fuck Lou!" Zayn cried practically tackling a travel worn Louis 

"Hey Z." he mumbled running his fingers through Zayn's hair as he nuzzled his face into his neck. "I've missed you babe."

"What are you even doing here? Aren't you gonna get in trouble or something?" Zayn rambled off taking a step back still in shock

"Paul helped me sneak away, s'not important I wanted to see you and the boys so here I am." 

"How long are you here for?" Zayn asked reaching for Louis' hand to lead him in to the house

"I leave about this time tomorrow so literally only twenty-four hours, Barb's gonna lose her shit when she she's I'm not there."

"Babe maybe you shouldn't ha-"

"Don't even finish that sentence Zayn, I'm here there's no changing that. Where are my boys?" Louis grinned so wide Zayn couldn't find an emotion to properly describe it. Happy was no where near enough to explain the look on Louis' face, gleeful? Cheerful? Doesn't matter, he'd never seen Louis so happy.

"They're at my mums she's spent today with them and she's taking them to the aquarium tomorrow." He thought about going to get them, they had missed Louis so much it was heart breaking, but then he realized it could actually do more harm that good.