Chapter Twenty-Eight

[It's short I'm sorry.]

Louis woke up fifteen minutes before Zayns alarm the next morning, he'd planned that. He saw Zayn set his alarm for 6:30 so he set his for 6:15 and really this could go horribly wrong or amazingly well.

Louis slowly untangles himself from Zayn, unwrapping his arms and slowly pulling his leg from it's position between his, and slowly and so very quietly makes his way to Zayns nightstand and quickly turns of his alarm. No passcode, Louis thinks. Very risky

He stays there for a moment admiring how with Zayn laying there no trace of worry on his face he looks younger. Lips slightly open and soft puffs of air escaping them, his face is completely relaxed and Louis thinks...No. Louis knows he wants to see this every-fucking-day for the rest of his life. 

Anyway, Louis tiptoes out of the room and makes his way towards the twins room and when he pushes the door open to find Damian lying on the very edge of Elijahs bed almost as if he tried to squeeze himself in without waking up his younger twin, Louis isn't surprised. He isn't really sure how to wake them up, should he shake their shoulders, rub their backs or making just softly call their names. 

He decides to do a combination of the three, softly calling their names as he begins to rub their backs and when he reaches their shoulders he gives them a slight shake.

Damian is the first to wake up panic clear on his face until his eyes focus and he calms down. Louis just smiles at him and has to bite his cheek to stop himself from shedding a tear when Damian lets out a drowsy 'Dad." sitting up with his arms stretched out and waiting for Louis to pick him up. 

As Louis moves to sit on the edge of the bed Elijah begins to stir reaching a hand back as if looking for his brother and his face crumples when he doesn't find them, a whine coming from the back of his throat. 

It does something to Damian though, the whine, and with out hesitation he crawls out of his dads lap and kneels behind Elijah patting his arm.

"It's kay 'lijah. 'M here, dad too."

And Louis heart swells seeing his sons care for each other so deeply. 

***

Eventually and after a battle for Damian to wear his hair down an a bit fluffy instead of quiffed how Zayn has obviously been doing it for so long, the boys are sat in the backseat of Louis' car and headed off to school. 

"Dad," Elijah asks quietly "why didn't daddy come? He always wakes us up." he finishes with a tilt of his head that Louis finds adorable, it's like looking at him self... over twenty years ago. 

"Daddy's been busy working a lot and waking up early to take care of you because he loves you so much, but he's sleepy and just like he lets you sleep late on the weekends I decided to let him sleep late today."

Damian and Elijah appear to want to question him about it but after a quick glance at each other the question is gone and they're back to smiling mumbling to whatever song is coming through the speakers and messing up almost all of the words. 

Louis wouldn't trade this in for anything. 

***

 It was soft kisses and the mumbled whisper of his name that woke Zayn up. He shifted in his sleep instinctively turning his body towards the voice. His brain hadn't even really registered who was speaking to him but he couldn't stop his body from molding around the source of it. 

"Zayn," the voice whispered again "babe, c'mon it's time to get up."

"Mm s'not m'alarm didn't go off." Zayn rasped back.

"It's nine Z." 

Zayn snapps awake then, it's nine, and fuck the boys have missed school and their going to be upset because today was the day they were going to be able to bring their art projects home and they were so excited for it.

Louis watched Zayn moan and groan as he shifted around on the bed in turmoil for a minute before putting an end to his suffering by pressing a kiss to the spot where Zayns jaw meets his throat. 

"It's okay, I dressed them, fed them and took them to school, even walked them inside and watched them put their backpacks in their cubbies. I almost cried." he couldn't help but smile remembering how excited the boys looked to just be there and the fact that Zayn might be staring at him with wide eyes and his jaw slack might have something to do with it aswell. 

It takes Zayn a bit to get his vocal chords to corporate with his brain and what he wants to say but eventually he does and it's not at all what Louis expected him to say, "I love you." hell, Zayns not sure that's what he wanted to say either but it works. And the fact that Louis is smiling so wide that his eyes crinkle and are reduced to tiny slits well that's good then. 

***

There's flour all over the floor and Zayn is laughing so hard that his face hurts, it actually aches to the point where he wants to cry, but the need to laugh is so much stronger. 

He's reminded for a brief second of what it felt like to be in high school and in love with Louis. It was exhilarating. It was addicting and it was everything he needed. 

It's everything he needs. 

He snapped out of his thoughts by Louis grabbing his ankle and yanking his feet out from under him so he falls on to the floor right next to him and they both erupt in a fit of giggles that has Louis chest raising and falling quickly and his shoulders shaking. 

Louis gaze falls to Zayns Adams apple and he admires the way it moves under the skin and how the skin looks smooth to the touch . His eyes fall the the dip of Zayns collar bones and he's tempted to lick them simply because he can and the faint memory of how Zayns back used to arch off the bed when he did it makes Louis' laughter stop instantly. 

The pancake batter on the counter and flour on the floor is quickly forgotten and Louis stops moving. Zayn is still laughing and Louis wants to shut him up, wants him to stop laughing so he can see if he feels what Louis feels in the air. It's different, something is new and he can't quite place it but he knows it's good, he can feel it in his bones. 

So he kisses Zayn, flattens him against the floor and Zayn is still laughing. He runs his hand up Zayns side, over his chest, knuckles brush his neck and firmly grasps his hair... and Zayn is still laughing its reduced to a giggle but fact is, he's laughing and Louis wants him to shut up. 

So Louis bits down on his soft plump lower lip earning a gasp from Zayn and slowly tugs on it letting it slip painfully slow through the grasp and no... no Zayn is definitely not laughing anymore. No. Zayn is staring up and him with wide eyes and a firm hold on Louis' hips; all it would take is a quick tug on Louis' hips and Zayn would be over, ruined. Louis pupils are blown with only a thin ring of blue surrounding it and it's only exciting Zayn more.

Louis was about to lean down and take this so much further when the, oh so, embarrassing ringtone he has set for the lovely Harry Styles starts to ring. Instantly the moment is ruined and Zayn starts humming along to it while Louis blindly slaps his hand on the marble counter top looking for it.

'...life in plastic, it's fantastic...'

And Zayn is laughing again but Louis doesn't mind so much right now.

[What in the hell did I just write? I don't know but it's filler and I really fucking like it so ha. And since my concert is on Sunday this is the only free time I have so you take this filler happy chapter and you enjoy it okay... good :)

Check out the video on the side or top, or whatever, I made it. Yay me!

It'd be lovely if you followed my twitter @fuckoffZouis 

anyways I'm out bye love yall

xA]