Chapter Twenty-One

*One Day Later*

Louis was sitting in his hotel room with Liam watching football highlights when Niall and Harry burst in obviously anxious but desperately trying, and failing, to hide it. 

"Guys?" Liam said cautiously, raising an eyebrow, making it come of like a question "What's wrong?"

"Wrong?" Niall asked looking at Harry who shrugged and said "Wrong, nothings wrong, nope nothing."

"Bullshit." Louis laughed sitting up on his bed so he was leaning against the head board "So, what is it?"

'Okay...so like Niall and I were like watching t.v. you know? And well a commercial came on and it was in Spanish but Niall understood some of it and he told me and umm..."

Liam sighed throwing a pillow from the couch at Harry "Niall can you please tell us what Harry is failing at?"

"The news said Zayn and Alex were fighting in front of his house. So we looked online to figure out what the fuck they were talking about and well, here I'll show you." Niall nervously chewed on his lip as he pulled his phone out of his back pocket and walked over to sit by Louis on bed with Harry and Liam joining them.

He pulled up dailymail.co.uk clicked on a video and took a deep breath before handing the phone over to Louis for him and Liam to see. 

***

Zayn stood in shook with his mouth slightly open looking at the man, his ex-boyfriend, in front of him.

He smiled awkwardly running his fingers through the hair on the back of his neck, "Hi Zayn, I was- you look good?"

Zayn rolled his eyes and began to slam the door in his face but Alex was quicker and shoved his foot in the way before he could shut it.

"Listen, I just wanna talk. I know you got my letter, I thought you would have called or something."

"To talk about what?" he whisper shouted stepping out of his house and closing the door behind him so he could speak freely "Talk about how your letter was bullshit? Talk about how we're most definitely not going to be friends or talk about how vile of a person you must be to steal things that mean so much to me. Is that what you wanted to talk about Alex because that's about all I have to say to you."

***

After a full minute of nothing Louis paused the video looking over to Niall "Not to burst your bubble or anything but what's so bad about this video? You can barely hear anything anyways?"

"Just keep watching, they haven't started yelling yet."

Louis tensed, what the hell did Alex do to Zayn, was all that was going through his mind. He quickly pressed play and concentrated on their words.

***

"I know you're mad." he murmured dropping his gaze to the floor

"Mad? I'm livid Alex. I want nothing more than to punch you square in your jaw but my kids, family and friends are inside and I don't need a scene."

"I have it all if you want it, the jewelry. I just took it because even if you didn't want to call for the letter you'd call for that. Especially the earrings." he admitted

"You shouldn't have taken those, I might have called eventually and tried to be friends but doing that... that was vicious. You know those are important to me Alex." his tone was stern as he glared at Alex looking right in to his eyes.