Chapter Twenty-Four

Leaving the next day was difficult for Louis and Zayn. After just one day together the thought of spending three weeks apart after just defining their relationship was almost torturous. It was like finally arriving at a concert you've been waiting months for only to leave right before it starts.

It sucks.

As soon as Louis landed back in South America and made it to the new hotel they were staying in he went to his room he was forced to listen to Zach and Richard go on and on about how him leaving was unprofessional and that they had to reschedule an important interview. Louis didn't care though, the twenty-four hours he got to spend with Zayn was so worth it, he'd do it again in a heartbeat.

After Zach and Richard left Harry ran in to the room with Niall on his back and Liam laughing following behind.

"Just so you know we got our arses chewed out all day yesterday." Liam sighed as he flopped on the bed next to Louis

"Yeah mate, they thought some Colombian drug lord kidnapped you." Niall said as he sprawled himself out on the floor at Harry's feet "Dramatic mess it was." 

"Funny though the first thing Richard said when he walked in was 'Now we have to push the damn interview back!' Yeah because my best mate missing is not the number one priority." Harry scoffed shoving at Niall with his foot and reaching over to Louis luggage and emptying it on the floor laughing as Louis groaned. "Just thought'd I'd help you get started." 

"But no one cares about that shit right now, what'd you do?" Niall cut in sitting up on his knees staring at Louis curiously. "Did you fu-"

"Niall!" Liam snapped

"Oh yes sorry for my language my dear Liam," he dramatically cleared his throat placing his hand on his chest  "Did you and Zayn... engageinsexualintercourse?" 

Liam pulled the pillow out from under his head and threw it straight at Niall's face. 

"What Niall means to say Lou," Harry spoke as he picked up the pillow and threw it back at Liam "is that we're happy for you.You were working so hard to show him that you'd learned from your mistakes. It's good to see you smile mate, you hadn't in so long so this is good." 

The other lads nodded in agreement, this whole time in South America was spent with Louis moping around saying how much he missed his kids and how much he wished Zayn was with him and now that they're finally back together... Louis hasn't stopped smiling in the past twenty-four hours.

They spent the rest of the night watching Spanish television and playing video games talking about nothing and everything all at once. 

***

When Louis woke up the next morning at the ungodly hour of five a.m. he felt, off. Something wasn't right and he couldn't place what the feeling was, so like always he called his mum but she assured him that everything was okay and even let him speak to each of his sisters and his brother. 

After that, he felt a bit better but there was still something off and it was frustrating him. He was thinking of who else to call when Barbara barged in to his room telling him he was the last to be ready and they were running late for an interview that they only had to reschedule because he ran off to London unannounced. So Louis tucked his phone into his pocket and followed her down to the hotel lobby then out to the van waiting for them. 

***

"Hello Brazil!" the interviewer, Lorena, cheered as the red recording light switched on "Today we have some very special guest for you, the world's biggest boyband, One Direction! Louis, Liam, Harry and Niall have stopped by today and are going to answer a few questions for us isn't that right boys?"