Chapter Nine

It was dark, he was laying on his side against a cold tiled floor with a warm body pressed closely to his front. He was out of breath, his heart was beating out of his chest, his head was spinning and he was almost completely black out drunk. He was almost in that black state of unconsciousness when the body in front of him moved to stand up.

"If you would've just waited another month, just one more fucking month, til I broke up with my boyfriend." the other person whispered

"I couldn't wait forever." he slurs out

"You chased me for a full year and then gave up."

"Exactly. A full year of begging and waiting and wanting, then I decided to move on."

"You moved on alright babe, you're with me right now on the floor of the mens bathroom at a Christmas party while your boyfriends at home with two kids that aren't even yours."

Alex shot up at the harsh remarks and the realization of what he'd just done began to settle. "Fuckfuckfuck!" He mumbled to himself as he clawed at his scattered clothes and began to pull them on -sobering up "Whatever happened -this, this means nothing."

"Alex, a drunk tongue speaks a sober mind and you dont say the things you just said to me, whispered in my ear, and don't mean them."

Alex groaned and slammed his head against the door of the stall as his shaky hands buttoned up his black shirt and re-did his tie. "Devin, please, just please leave it. This shouldnt've happened, we both know that. I love Zayn."

"But here you are, I want you Alex. I always have, it just took me longer to realize it. I know you love me, you just told me, right now, while you had me against that wall." Devin shouted as he threw his hand in the direction of the wall that was no doubt covered in his sweat.

"I made a mistake." was all Alex said as he walked out of the bathroom and called for his Addison Lee chauffeur to pick him up out front immediately.

Zayn had just put the two very sick twins to bed when Alex stumbled through the door and loudly made his way to the master bedroom where Zayn was sitting atop the duvet.

"Alex?" Zayn said shocked "The party was meant to be til 1 am. Did something happen?"

Alex tensed, but Zayn didn't notice. "No, nothing baby. Just didn't feel right being out with you here and the boys being sick. Just missed you s'all." Alex lied smoothly as he striped down to his briefs and got under the covers begging Zayn to join him.

When Zayn laid next to him he couldn't help but notice the faint scratch mark on Alex's left collar bone. It made his stomach turn and he instantly flashed back to the month before he found Louis with 'that bitch'. Louis had a scratch mark on his pale winter skin but Zayn assumed it was from him and said nothing. He wants to ask Alex what happened but he he sighed and thought to himself that he can't put all his shit, more of his baggage on Alex's shoulders, it's not fair and Alex is so great. So Zayn decided to keep his mouth shut for fear of sending Alex running for the hills.

After of few weeks of constant worrying Alex finally decided he'd gotten away with it, that Zayn wouldn't find out and Devin kept his promise to keep his mouth shut. Everything went back to normal after a while, he properly cuddled Zayn, didn't turn ghost white when Zayn showed up at his office and waves to Devin -his secretary- and he didn't deny Zayn when he wanted to lock his office door and 'have a bit of fun'.

Everything was normal...until Alex slipped up again while he and Devin were in America, then again in Sri Lanka and Moscow and Monterrey. And fuck Alex might be worse than Louis ever was.