6

". . . I won't be able to stay at your flat tonight, George." Paul said into the receiver of John's house phone. He tapped his fingers against the wooden surface. "Me friend John picked me up. Can I come by in the morning?"

"Yeah," George replied. His voice sounded tired from a night filled with drink tendencies. He hated his job as a bartender, but as long as he got a good pay, the liking didn't matter --- pay is what mattered. "just let me know if anything changes."

"Alright. Tell Rings I said hi."

"Will do. Ye have a good rest, yeah? You've been through a lot mate." George really felt sorry for his friend, but a part of him was glad he didn't stay at his flat. Tonight was his and Ringo's sex night, and in this specific session, Ringo was going to be tied up while George had the whip. If anyone could level up to their kinkiness, they'd have as much pay as they made on a nightly basis.

"Yeah. Thanks." Paul breathed. "Goodnight."

"Night."

Once the line went dead, Paul placed the phone back to its place. John had walked in a moment later, a bottle of water in his hands.

On the way to John's place, John had suggested to Paul that he ought to phone the people he had promised to stay with, just to inform them that he was safe.

"Everything alright?" John asked, handing Paul the bottle in his hand. Paul nodded, taking the cap off as he took a sip of the cool beverage.

"Yup." Paul put the bottle of water down on his lap. He sighed, hating himself because he didn't take responsibility for his payments on rent. And because of his stupidity, he was homeless and broke. He wouldn't be able to go back to work because he had no money for gas.

"What's wrong, mate?" John asked, sitting next to the young lad. He watched as Paul continued to give off that depressed look.

"I got evicted from me 'ome." Paul breathed. "Didn't pay the rent on time so the landlord gave me an eviction notice this afternoon once I got out of work."

John frowned. " 'm sorry, mate." He wrapped an arm around him in a comforting manner. "Is tha' why you were going to stay at George's for the night?"

Paul nodded. "Yeah--- at least until I get on me feet again."

John nodded. "Well, in case they find you repulsive," he joked, "do you want to stay 'ere?"

Paul shook his head. "I don't think I can do tha', John." he said, "I will over stay me welcome."

John. chuckled. "Ye'll never overstay your welcome, Paulie. I want you here. If I didn't, I wouldn't have asked."

"I'll think about it," Paul replied. "But I think I'll be alright. Thank ye for the offer."

John's lips curved into a gentle grin. "No problem, 'Macca."

He leaned closer and allowed himself to press his lips firmly on Paul's. Paul leaned back, but kissed back nonetheless.

After a moment, John pulled away and stroked his guest's face with his thumb; adoring the younger lad's beautiful features. He gave out a warm smile, saying the sentence that Paul didn't expect to hear.

"Yer always welcome here."

° ° °
More will be up soon. I know it's a short chapter, but I promise the next one will be lengthy.

Vote + comment.

- Valerie.